1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Faital 15pr400 2X15 Build

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mikeee71, Aug 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mikeee71

Mikeee71 Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Finished this up yesterday this thing thumps! Using Johnk_10 build plans. I have to figure out how to make a grill for it now never done one before. IMG_1823_zpse0tubwkg.jpg
    IMG_1820_zpstj9ew2mi.jpg IMG_1821_zps2dezt5ua.jpg

deathness, shawshank72 and Saetia like this.
  2. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Nice job man! Tonally, how does this one stack up against your 12pr300 build?

3. Mikeee71

Sep 6, 2013
    Thanks! The 2x15 definitely has more low end and is louder. It has a Old School/Vintage sound and feel to it. Sounds great with my P bass with flats. The 2x12 cab is punchier and the mids are more detailed it also feels a little quicker! I really like both of them they both are fairly light and cheap to make. I have about 500$ into the 2x15 and 400$
    into the 2x12. Thats about the price of one good cab. I am not a tweeter guy so this setup works perfect for me!

4. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    Nice example how driver size can matter if variables are narrowed to a distinct family of drivers (Low/mid application) and cab design.

5. Mikeee71

Sep 6, 2013
    Yes it is! I want to build a 2x12 using the Beyma 12WR400 I heard those are supposed to sound killer.

6. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    Based on specs the 12WR400 seems to be a very good driver.
    The only thing that would keep me away a little bit is the drop in response from 3kHz to 4kHz.
    For a driver that don't provides noticeable overemphasis in response I like to have response "linear" up to around 4kHz.
    But, at the other hand side, the roll off like a rock starts at around 5kHz thus there is possibility to EQ the lack
    The marked curved design of the cone predicts a good midrange/treble content off axis anyway.

Low end extension looks similar like for 12LW30/N so 50Hz for F3 can be easily reached (that's pretty good). THD and power compression losses should be rather small with 3" VC.
    A drawback (of course) is somewhat smaller efficience versus 2.5" VC drivers like 12PR300.

Just a short review based on specs,
    I think you can't go wrong with these

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016