1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Faital pro 10pr300 2x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Oct 6, 2016.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I modeled a pair of 16ohm faital pro 10pr300 drivers in a 1 cuft box (total) tuned to 55Hz and it compared well to the eminence basslite s2010 I'm the same box. It also looks very much voiced like a bass driver, not a flat pa style mid. Does anyone have any real experience with them? Not the genz version. Four of them may make a nice vertical stack.

2. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    Not with those specifically, but I built a 2x12 with the Faital 12PR300s. The response curve for the 10s looks like it has a little bit more of a peak at 3k than the 12s. My 12s sound amazing for bass and I would expect the 10s to be pretty similar except for that spike and a higher roll off at the low end from the specs.

3. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    I am actually looking at doing the same thing, but with the Genz version, and using an Eden D210-XLT enclosure that I can get for almost nothing...

Wish I could figure that WinISD thing out.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    The genz version is much different.

5. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    Yeah I know, but more different than the 10PR300 is from the S2010??? Besides, different is not necessarily worse, right?

But--the only way I can even consider affording this is with the Genz, which are a fraction of the cost. In short, if it doesn't work, I just won't do it.

6. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Kringle, have you modelled the Genz version in a sealed cab as well? If so what would lead you to prefer the stock version? Something in the response curve? I've seen that the Genz one has slightly lower EBP (119 vs. 125), but even I know it doesn't tell the whole story.

For reference:
    Faital/GenzBenz OEM 10PR300, 12PR300 specs from Avatar
    and I do remember of, but don't have time to re-read this thread:
    Avatar genz benz 10" in ampeg svt210av box

7. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I did but, don't remember the results