Faital Pro 12PR330

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara Scott, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Mara Scott

Mara Scott

Sep 11, 2017
    First, I would like to commend everyone on participating in one of the most educated and down to earth forum on the subject, on the internet.

So, the 12PR330
    It is a ferrite magnet 10lb 12inch bass-mid speaker. It is relatively "new"

I ordered one, from usspeaker, on Friday, and it is supposed to arrive at my house soon. The plan is to use it in a 2cubic foot box and tune it around 50hz and use it two way, with a tweeter.

Specs are very close to an eminence delta lfa or lfc. Anyone tried one of these? Comments, suggestions.

My specific questions:

Do you think the Faital pro high dome dust caps aid in midrange, off axis

Do Faital pro drivers of this type generally sound good?

Is there any way it is worth paying Over 2x the price of an Eminence Delta 12lf a or c ?

Thanks

2. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    Northern KY
    Cab fan, hobbyist
    Reputable high end brand, used by DIY, boutique and professional builders worldwide.... I'd say it's a safe bet their specs are accurate and have a low tolerance and failure rate.
    Specifically to the speaker you're asking about, I don't know., but it is probably worthy of the price.
    Good luck with the build, and fill us in on your high pass filter, and maybe even post up a build thread after you've finished.

Welcome to TB

Mara Scott likes this.
  3. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    Def keep us updated on the build and how the speaker performs for your needs

4. Mara Scott

Mara Scott

Sep 11, 2017
    I will keep you posted.
    Thanks

5. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    wave rider likes this.
  6. Mara Scott

Mara Scott

Sep 11, 2017
    So far I am impressed. Plenty of midrange and solid bass. And loud. It is currently in a 2 cubic foot box, tuned to around 40 hz
    First impressions two thumbs up. Only fault is a midrange that is perhaps a bit "papery", but still two thumbs up. They did not re invent the wheel. It's still a wheel, but a really, really good one.

BadExample likes this.
  7. Mara Scott

Mara Scott

Sep 11, 2017
    So far I have only put a handful of watts to it, and barely any visible excursion, since it is before 7:30 in the morning.

BadExample likes this.
  8. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    If you have to be up at 7:30 AM, so should your neighbors.