1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fake Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris Ramlar, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    Well, maybe u dont get what i want to say with "fake bass" just thing about Seven Nation Army, I really like the song but I would love that my bass sounded a little more fake just like the original (the original I think was made with a semihollow guitar and the whammy one octave down) so I think maybe if a play on the G string and set the whammy 1 octave down maybe I can get a synthy fake bass sound or maybe with a POG or Micro POG will be the same have anyone tried this?

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    You might try an octaver like the POG, HOG, Micro POG, or a Digitech Whammy (or variations thereof). Just about any digital octave unit should get you something close to what you are looking for. Analogue octavers will be more gnarly and have some distortion at various settings. This isn't particularly a bad thing, but it's probably not what you are looking for. If you want something that tracks notes flawlessly, my personal suggestion would be to go with a POG, HOG, or Micro POG as these units will have the best tracking. You can also turn down the original signal, and then play one octave up on your neck with the pedal set to -1oct and it should sound synthy and digitally "fake". If you search around on here, you should be able to find reviews and sound clips for all three of these units. :D

3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    +1

Each octaver has a different sound to it though, so you should try out a whole bunch before you decide for sure. Also give the Boss units a try.

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Ha! This one goes up there with the guy who worried a rack tuner might make his bass be too in tune. I'm going to start a thread asking how to make my tube amp sound more like an overdriven solid state amp.