1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fake-Berger on the Bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BergerHead, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BergerHead

BergerHead plastic phantastic Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Basel, Switzerland
    This exorbitant priced XQ5 bears a obviously fake neck with unusual 24th fret double dots an a wooden (???) fret board and is ending on a fake 5-string claw. Body, electrics & other hardware seem to be legit.

2. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

moses neck maybe? or maybe just a wood neck sub'd onto the steiny body. either way, yeah, $5k is very high. don't think legit q5's go for over $2k nowadays but i could be wrong. haven't seen the market lately.

i would pay $5k if an xl-2a 5 wide shows up in the wild. that one is definitely rarer than rare and almost never seen on sale.

yellowxl-2.

3. BergerHead

BergerHead plastic phantastic Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Basel, Switzerland
    I own a XQ5 with a Moses neck, none of the US-Bergers ever had wooden parts on the necks, and none had 24th double dots. And when you start your offer at 10 grands you may find one ... maybe, mine, bass & bag 100% flawless, is at 12K and i really don't need to sell it. My XQ5 starts at 3, you can pm me. The L2-5 is not for sale ... so is the yellow 5 Wide, i know its owner. Steinberger XQ5A Moses. Steinberger Moses Head-Piece.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019