1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fake Fender on THE BAY? ebay that is

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LuckyCondlins, Feb 26, 2008.

1. clearly youve never seen a deluxe.

they just say FENDER Jazz Bass on them

I think that is real

2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Yup, real.

3. eh like I said i thought it would have more ont he headstock than just Fender Jazz Bass.

I don't really look at or pay attention to Fenders much, so that would explain that!

4. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

looks real 2 me

5. Just saw one at GC yesterday. They've been out for a couple of years. $1100 is not correct selling price though. Its more like $899.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    how is it not real?

7. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
  8. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Nope, Korean-made. By Cort IIRC. Very solidly built; no quality issues and it plays like a dream. That listing is the real deal.

And yes, it just says "Fender Jazz Bass" on the headstock.
    [​IMG]

9. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    It's a pretty neat jazz bass and it gives you two full octaves so not bad at all.

10. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    They came out in late 2006 or early 2007 IIRC, Korean made. I've played a couple, they're nice, but not my bag. Seems like a decent price!

11. MonetBass

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    2005 is when Fender came out with them. List price is $999, so yeah, that's a good price.

12. jeronimoski

jeronimoski

Sep 27, 2011
    So if you see a 2008 Deluxe Five String Jazz with that kind of logo, does that mean it is made in Korea? What if it has a serial number that says DZ8? I thought that meant it was made in the USA if it says that on the back? How do you know where it was made?

13. I used to own one of these.

14. MonetBass

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    S/N beginning with DZ8 is an American Deluxe Series made in 2008. And yes, it will say where it's made on the back of the headstock.