Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fake HH Stingray on the bay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Dec 28, 2005.

1. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    Isn't that the colour of the year from last year - before there was even 'serious' talk of a double pickup stingray?

I think your right about this one...

2. Perhaps you should post this on the EB Basses Forum...

3. I dont think thats a fake. Look at the other pictures. It would be next to impossible to get it to look right on the angled photos. But who knows, some people are crazy good with photoshop/paint shop pro. Besides, to me it looks identicle to the one on BassNW, not same pics though. Heres a link.

The guy also has a impressive feedback rating, 99.8% good out of 2891, so Im thinking it looks good.

Dave

4. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    ..and has many favorable feedbacks. The bass looks real to me, though I'm not a MM guru.

5. Good points. I'm looking forward to trying out a dual-pickup Music Man!

6. M.D.S.

M.D.S.

Nov 8, 2004
    Scotland
    It could be a photoshop...

Look very carefully at the left side of the neck pickup, I think it ends far too aburptly...

EDIT: This is very odd. The first picture looks slightly different from the others (They do look mch more convincing) The pickguard, for example, is a different shade on the first picture compared to the others...

7. VJP

VJP Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2001
    NJ
    I think it's real. If the pickup is photoshopped, then so is the pickup toggle switch. Plus, as noted, the posotive feedback

8. It doesn't look photoshopped to me.

-Geoff

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Its real. Notice the shape of the pickup, its the new kind, thats in the HH stingrays, plus there is a toggle switch.

10. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    The guy seems legit to me. Don't believe he would ruin his business with something like this.

11. It's the color of the year for 2005....plus they made HH Sterlings & Stingrays in that color before they ended the buttercreme color option. Also it's in the correct case & has the correct color headstock logo.
    Folks.....it's real.

12. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Completely real. EB has been trying to get as many of the buttercream dual pickup basses out as possible as to try to actaully have them delivered in 2005.

13. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Looks like it's sold already anyhow, someone bid the buy it now price. I think it's real anyway.

14. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Why would a music store with 99.8% feedback rating, and 2795 positives risk their reputation on a fake Musicman?

C'mon guys .... think about it.

15. I looked at the pic of it laying in the case, and if you look close, you can see the bongo style bucker. Sorry for getting you guys worked up. :smug:

The thing that threw me off at first was the fact that in two of those pics the neck pup's pole peices were darker compared to the bridge pup's.

Either way it's a damn nice bass.

16. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

It looks like the poles are lower in height. That's probably making them look less prominent.

17. It looks real, and EB has made some HH Stignrays in the buttercream color

18. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  19. I like that color!!....kinda reminds me of a CS4001 Rick...yummy

Can you get that color with a maple neck? ....oww ow ahh...gas :)