Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fake inlays????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Oct 2, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    some where i saw some guy was posting about teh new bigblock bass and he said taht he had a neck and he had sticker inlays that he bought offline from a website. can anyone tell me this website????

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Wouldn't surprise me about the Big Block. The Geddy Lee has painted on block inlays, too.

BTW, is it just me or are those black block inlays on maple necks the ugliest thing you ever saw in your life? Block inlays should always be mother or pearl or abalone against a dark colored neck. Always.

4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    what if you like the sound of maple? should you then paint around the white blocks so they're against a dark background??? :eek:

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    No. You should have dot inlays on a maple neck.

6. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    ok... anyone know how to take block inlays out and fill in with dots? :bawl:

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    You should just smash the bass against the nearest wall until it's firewood. Or sell it to someone who doesn't know better. Then buy one with dot inlays.

;)