Fake, parts or real MIA Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by obi-wan, Apr 4, 2018.

1. obi-wan

obi-wan

May 30, 2007
    Maybe I'm too suspicious? Being sold as an MIA Jazz. body.jpg bridge.jpg full.jpg head.jpg rear.jpg 00Z0Z_fwrrmIXcDOz_1200x900.jpg

Priced low, no binding on neck, an extra neck plate, and tuning machines/original bridge appear cheap to me, but I've little experience with spotting MIA con jobs or "parts" builds. Bridge has been replaced as well as one pickup, holes from an ashtray cover, comes with a bag and no case. Hoping folks can help a lurker out.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Those like look inlay stickers. I don't know about the rest.

obi-wan likes this.
  3. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Looks like a Fender American Special neck with inlay stickers, mystery black body with a black pickguard, replacement knobs, and two sets of holes for the bridge cover. Does anyone know if the American Specials came in black?

4. Neck is genuine, but with inlay stickers (should be dots underneath those). Body is hard to say. Need to see the guts for that.

I vote for "genuine partscaster"

5. obi-wan

obi-wan

May 30, 2007
    All makes very much sense, thank you! It would appear the Specials were available in black with maple.

What's the value range for these?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022