Fakenbacker? Rebon Weifang

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MandolinPlayer, Feb 4, 2021.

1. MandolinPlayer

MandolinPlayer

Feb 4, 2021
    Don't use my data and stuff like that
    Does anyone know anything about this company?

bass kit

I got into a rabbit hole, and found what I believe to be the very last of the rickenbacker kits. They have some other stuff, like a Fender inspired MIJ jaguar bass with mini humbuckers. Any thoughts on this?

2. They're a division of Alibaba.
    If you're unaware they produce exceptionally good looking, often unplayable near-fakes, fakes and forgeries of guitars.
    Quality is poor enough often enough for them to be a gamble every time. If you're handy with guitar tools the kit might be fun but the hardware and p/u will be of the worst quality and won't sound like a Ric in any way. Sorry but ......
    Good luck and welcome to TB :)

Warpeg likes this.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

The only Rickenbacker kits ever made were the Astro guitars. I can guarantee (just about) that you have never heard of those, and neither have the Chinese. :roflmao:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  4. MandolinPlayer

MandolinPlayer

Feb 4, 2021
    Don't use my data and stuff like that
    That makes sense. I'd get it only for the body honestly, and throw in some actual ric hardware. I got excited, since the pitbull and fret wire ric style kits were discontinued.

5. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello and welcome to TalkBass.
    We should be so lucky. That webpage was disgusting. :lock:

6. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Considering that you’d be putting gobs of money into the Ric hardware (and the kit), and the fact that this isn’t even a neck-through kit, why not just apply the money to a real Ric?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 6, 2021