Falderal Jazzman Effects Pedal/Preamp for Jazz Bassists

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jay Corwin, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Nice April joke!

It‘s gone tomorrow for sure!

Mark Gollihur likes this.
  2. Jay Corwin

Jay Corwin Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    We all need that Ray Brown switch though!

16fuss, Seanto, BassyFred and 3 others like this.
  3. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I'm lovin' it…:thumbsup:

Happy Easter, to ya'll!

4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I also wan't a Scott LaFaro Switch. Is that extra!

Mark Gollihur, 16fuss and nbsipics like this.
  5. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Mark Gollihur, 16fuss and Zbysek like this.
  6. MObasshead

MObasshead Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Missouri
    I sure do appreciate how “this one goes to 11”

Mark Gollihur and Joshua like this.
  7. I guess the Scott LaFaro switch is still in development. Maybe in about a year?
    Will be more expensive, because of the extra generated notes...

8. bigshiny

bigshiny Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2010
    St Louis MO
    Love it. This just made my day.

9. Ric Vice

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I’d also like a “Blender Mute” for the Bartender. :laugh:

Mark Gollihur and TroyK like this.
  10. bigshiny

bigshiny Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2010
    St Louis MO
    Well played Ric.
    How about a self tuning and pitch correction while we’re at it. A 3 position switch to emulate arco, pizz and slap?
    I may be asking too much.

11. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    And a video screen so you can watch the game during 30 choruses of solos

12. Keith Rawlings

Keith Rawlings

Aug 3, 2019
    A Milt Hinton slap boost would be helpful as well. Maybe they can engineer that into the next model?

13. Ric Vice

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    If possible I’d also like a “chorus/limiter” that restricts” all the :Dother soloists at a jam session to 32 bars.

14. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    +1

Keith Rawlings likes this.
  15. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Keith Rawlings likes this.
  16. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    This thing is totally unbelievable. Have you always wanted to play jazz, but just don't have the same chops as the other players you jam with? Do you wish you could play like Ray Brown, but don't want to put in the time... you know, practicing? Are you chasing instant gratification, and the ability to play real jazz, even though you ain't hip to the musical knowledge or life experience required to do it well?

Well, we've got the gear to make it happen. No more tedious music theory required - now you can buy a pedal to simulate those jazz bass skills you've always wanted to have.

This new pedal from Falderal -- with sophisticated A.I., DSP, and TZO generators -- will definitely turn the heads of your bandmates. The second you plug into it, they're going to wonder where you suddenly got all that soul. No one needs to tell them it comes from the sophisticated digital processing engine of this amazing little preamp box.

Controls
    Here's what you have at your fingertips:

• Level
        The level knob is actually not connected to anything; an internal regulator ensures that your volume will always be just a little too low for you, and just a little too loud for the rest of the musicians, no matter where you have it set.

• Style
        From New Orleans/Chicago Style Dixieland, to Swing, to Bop, to Avant-Garde - you can dial in exactly the right style to fit the sound of your group. Tonal and stylistic filters give you the authentic sound and feel of the style you're after, even if you're actually playing a P-Bass with a pick.

• Temperature
        Whether your jazz is "Cool" or "Hot" - there's a setting for that! (Lukewarm setting not recommended.)

• Swing
        We all know that it don't mean a thing without that swing, right? If your playing is a little too rigid, use this control to acheive exactly the right amount of swagger to create an instantly infectious groove.

• Syncopation
        Stuck in a rhythmic rut? Shake it up a bit with some syncopation. Crank it up to take you out of your habit of always playing straight quarter notes like a real square.

• Out
        Is your playing too predictable, because you're afraid to leave the comfort of the song's actual scale? Set this control to 11 and you'll get WAAAAY out - so far out, even the drummer may notice!

• Vinyl
        Excellent for recording sessions, this nifty function adds the subtle sounds of vinyl record artifacts (crackle, pops, reduced low-end to completely suck the bass right out of the recording). Now that's hip!

• Ray Brown Switch
        Pretty self-explanatory. Flip this switch, and like magic, you play like Ray.

• SOLO button
        Taking a solo? Kick this switch - the pedal's internal mic will capture the sound of the audience loudly talking and clinking glasses during your bass solo, and create a phase-opposite signal, effectively cancelling out their rudeness and allowing your genius to finally be heard. Use with care - most audiences have never actually heard a bass solo and may be confused and disoriented.

• ACTIVE button
        Turns the effect on and off. When the preamp is active, the light glows a kind of blue.

Ask us about the "NHØP Mod" - a special modification that doubles the note output!

17. Happy Steve

Happy Steve Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Mel-burn, Ore-stralia
    Good advice about the lukewarm range of settings, Mark. Perhaps someone could suggest to Falderal that they accentuate the positive effect of the 'Temperature. setting . Make it a hot / cool switch so you cannot 'mess with mister in-between'...

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021