'Fall Back Into Love' concert !

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by staurosjohn, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    So- planned for a concert on our church property - 'facing' the surrounding community... was a mixture of one of my bands & some church folks - turned out quite nicely! (billed as 'redeemable love songs') Some vids on FB... trying to get them on here :jawdrop: Can view parts of songs (iphone video) on my FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008325312761

Songlist included:
    No Matter What- Badfinger
    Faithfully- Journey
    You Got It- Roy Orbison
    Moonlight Feels Right- Starbuck
    Never My Love- The Association
    Beyond The Sea- Bobby Darin

I shared playing time with our church's bass player... which handily afforded me opportunity to 'run' my PA ! I've owned & used my PA for about six years... but always playing- so never get to run... was fun!

I use a QSC Touchmix 16 which uses an iPad as an interface... 12" EV subs... Turbosound iQ10 tops with a mixture of JBL & Mackie (10") monitors! Sound (volume) was quite sufficient!!
    IMG_1415.JPG IMG_1777.JPG IMG_1778.JPG IMG_1779.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    nixdad, BassCliff, s0c9 and 2 others like this.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Wow, big ensemble! Playing on the grass always seems a little weird to me. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and make a joyful noise. I thought for a moment that you were going to use the trailer as a stage, but that would've been a tight fit. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

staurosjohn likes this.
  3. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Thx BassCliff,

We chose a place where the grass was 'hard' :D ... yup- trailer was for drummer only! We had a nice time... three of the members were from one of my bands- the rest were from our churchs music team!

Thx fer looking :thumbsup:

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021