1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Falling into a new genre: Great Outcome!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by low_c, Apr 13, 2010.

1. low_c

low_c

Sep 17, 2009
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    About a month ago i started a thread asking for suggestions in my transition from "grunge" to a "hard-core" band.

Well for the record the band is Metal-core.

Anyway, yesterday was my first jam with this new band, it went better than ever imaginable.

The music sounded tight, even for the first time ever playing together. The guitarist and singer (screamer/growler/ect.) were really talented. After just two hours of syncing-up, and fiddleing around, we produced a legitimate song what was actually quite unique in comparison to the rest of the local scene. Sweeeet. :hyper:

And on top of it all, after all my nervousness with the new genere, i got complements all around. Big things like, "Your the best bassist we've ever worked with", to small like, "Your good with stops". They even recognized that i have an awesome abillity to jump right in and flow with the music, no matter what rifts the guitarist was playing

These complements were awesome because i consider myself as a under-par bassist, and have only been playing for the better part of two years. Also that these guys have been working with different bassist from four other gigging projects, and i seem to top them all.

I can't wrap my head around how i could of been so great :p

Sorry about the long-ish post, excitement has gotten the best of me :D

2. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Thats awesome bro! Maybe this was the best move for you....

3. low_c

low_c

Sep 17, 2009
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Ha, im thinking the same thing.

These guys seem equally excited, talk of forming a set list is going around before we even have a name for ourselfs!

I'm just so proud of my little squire (VM fretless), i got it to tune down to B with no big problems at all!