1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Falling price of the Digitech BP-200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rkfromChi, Feb 22, 2004.

1. rkfromChi

rkfromChi

Jan 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL.
    Hey people.

Does anyone have insight into why the price of the Digitech BP-200 has fallen so sharply these past few weeks?
    I would like to purchase an effect that has a great envelope/wah sound. Please feel free to post your opinions about the quality of this pedal.

2. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    mabye they are gonna replace it with a more advanced version?I dunno.I got it for about $150.KILLER PEDAL!!!!!!

3. maybe some more pedals on the way or they just werent selling many.

4. I got mine for $150 as well.

It's worth every cent!

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Got mine for $96 NEW IN BOX on ebay.... gotta love ebay.

6. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I haven't noticed a drop...

I got mine for $150. Lots of fun! :)

7. I don't really remember what i paid for mine but about the 150 range sounds close. Probably a newer or better model coming out for the dropping price. just before you buy i'd test it and make sure it's sufficient for what you want. I like mine for practicing with and stuff but some of the effects have a pretty big delay and won't pick it up if you pick/pluck/whatever too fast, and also some of the effects sound a little too digitized for me to use on stage. Don't get me wrong it's a great pedal and i'm glad i spent the money on it but you should make sure it works for what you need it for because i prolly wouldn't want to use mine in a gig.

8. rkfromChi

rkfromChi

Jan 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL.
    I would like to know if the RP-200 has an envelope effect similar to the XBW wah pedal they sell in particular. The 200 is retailing around $100 at GC which is why I started the thread.

9. I can't answer your question directly but the RP-200 is designed for the acoustic/electric guitar, the BP-200 is the equivelant that is designed for the bass. I don't know if the RP-200 would work with the Bass or if it couldn't handle the lower envelope of tone. That's a question for people smarter than me to answer