Falling price of the Digitech BP-200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rkfromChi, Feb 22, 2004.

1. rkfromChi

Jan 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL.
    Hey people.

Does anyone have insight into why the price of the Digitech BP-200 has fallen so sharply these past few weeks?
    I would like to purchase an effect that has a great envelope/wah sound. Please feel free to post your opinions about the quality of this pedal.
  2. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    mabye they are gonna replace it with a more advanced version?I dunno.I got it for about $150.KILLER PEDAL!!!!!!
  3. maybe some more pedals on the way or they just werent selling many.
  4. I got mine for $150 as well.

It's worth every cent!
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Got mine for $96 NEW IN BOX on ebay.... gotta love ebay.
  6. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    I haven't noticed a drop...

I got mine for $150. Lots of fun! :)
  7. I don't really remember what i paid for mine but about the 150 range sounds close. Probably a newer or better model coming out for the dropping price. just before you buy i'd test it and make sure it's sufficient for what you want. I like mine for practicing with and stuff but some of the effects have a pretty big delay and won't pick it up if you pick/pluck/whatever too fast, and also some of the effects sound a little too digitized for me to use on stage. Don't get me wrong it's a great pedal and i'm glad i spent the money on it but you should make sure it works for what you need it for because i prolly wouldn't want to use mine in a gig.
  8. rkfromChi

Jan 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL.
    I would like to know if the RP-200 has an envelope effect similar to the XBW wah pedal they sell in particular. The 200 is retailing around $100 at GC which is why I started the thread.
  9. I can't answer your question directly but the RP-200 is designed for the acoustic/electric guitar, the BP-200 is the equivelant that is designed for the bass. I don't know if the RP-200 would work with the Bass or if it couldn't handle the lower envelope of tone. That's a question for people smarter than me to answer