Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fame Baphomet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by him666, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Does anyone of you have ever played a Fame Baphomet bass?
    Im interested in a six string fretless version of it. How is the Mwah level? And how is the action?

The 5-string version of the Baphomet IV. Handmade bass from the Fame top-line series.
    - Lavishly shaped bubinga-body
    - bolt-on seven piece laminated neck
    - wenge-fretboard with 24 frets
    - 2x MEC-singlecoil-PUs
    - active MEC-2-band electronics
    - Gotoh machine-heads
    - solid 3D-bridge

[​IMG]

2. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Sorry I can't help. I've never even heard of Fame basses before. But the bass in your post looks a lot like a Warwick Corvette Standard, and even shares a lot of the features like bubinga body, wenge fingerboard and MEC pickups. You might want to try a Corvette if you can't find a Baphomet.

3. Yeah, they look a lot like Warwicks. Fame also makes Stingray copies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. The Basphomet is a copy of a Mayones bee.. I think i read somewhere that fame is an exportline of mayones..
    anyway i havent played the bass but i would shore like to.. looks really sweet to me resonably priced too.

http://www.mayones.com/

5. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
  6. Yeah but those thread is from a long time ago. The Mp3's aren't online anymore :(

7. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    Je i see but i have othem mp3 but i cant upload it
    I will send it to u in PM

8. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    give me ure email so i can send it to u if u want

9. I believe Fame baphomet basses are the same as Mayones Bs, except they (Fame) have cheaper pickups and cost quite a lot less. Different TM, same manufacturer.

Music Store Köln used to sell them (http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/), you can also check out www.mayones.com, they have amazing customer service and will reply very quickly.

10. Glynn Pettiford

Glynn Pettiford

Aug 15, 2014
    Guitarist, and bassist. Yes, I am the Nephew of Oscar Pettiford.
    Yes. In Koln, Germany is the largest music store in the world. I went there to see the instruments, and the store is awesome. The Baphomet bass is made for the Koln FAME brand by the same luthiers that make the Stradivarius violins in Czeckoslovakia. The bass is tonally diverse and balanced. The weight is also. Anyone who complains about the weight after playing this fabulous instrument should go back to playing the triangle. It plays well from nut to bridge, and the electronics are awesome. As well, its fretless version is nice and clean. I hadn't played a fretless in over 20 years, and I almost forgot it was a fretless. It is set up well by the professionals on staff, and they do great custom work too! What's great is that you can try the basses through some of the best boutique amps on the planet- before you buy. The store is setup to accommodate every need right in each instruments department, and the sales staff KNOW what they're talking about! It is a beautifully made bass! BUY TWO!! Thinking of buying both when I go back in a few months!

11. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Bumping a thread from 2005. Classic :D

Thick McRunfast likes this.
  12. I've read that the Stradivarius guys make a superb triangle, surely I can afford to buy two of those...

13. Glynn Pettiford

Glynn Pettiford

Aug 15, 2014
    Guitarist, and bassist. Yes, I am the Nephew of Oscar Pettiford.
    Your sense of humor pre-deceases you, let it die. lol

Bugeyed Earl likes this.