Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fame basses..Ring any bells?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yoshi, Jun 10, 2004.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Evening all.

My grandfather is migrating England on Monday to travel around Italy (My Aunt/his daughter lives there) and before going has given all of his stuff to my dad, myself and my bro'.

He gave me his bass that he picked up sometime back for £12.50. It's a Pstyle bass manufactured by 'Fame'. It's worn. Very worn. The frets are about 1.5 mm max, the necks a bit curvey, the nuts cracked but other than these, it plays OK!

I'm not after any valuations (as he'll want to play it if/when he returns), I'm just curious as to it's history?

Also, he gave us a "stradavarius" trumpet and case which seems pretty nifty, anyone know anything on these?

Ta!

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The Fame is a cheap Korean import from the 1980s, nothing special.

Does the trumpet say "Bach" anywhere on it as well? They are a well respected US brand and one of their models was called Stradivarius.

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah the trumpet has bach on it and on the case. Does this mean it was batch produced?*

*I jest :p

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Take care of the horn. Bach is the maker, Strad is the model and they sound good. Clean, no blats...