Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fame

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RRuud, Jan 25, 2006.

1. RRuud

RRuud

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    I recently bought a new bass(my second) and I'm very happy with it. It's a 5 string neck through body.The bodywood is bubinga with a wenge fretboard and MEC pickups. It plays really nice and sounds good, so no complaints.

The only thing is, I'm unable to find any info on the brand. I've heard its linked to Mayones, as it is also buildt in Poland and the body design looks very simmilar(sp?) to the Mayones "Be Exotic".
    Could anyone here tell me something about this brand? Thanks alot.

Oh and hi, i'm new here;)

2. leading*the*rat

leading*the*rat

Oct 3, 2005
    germany
    Hi RRuud!
    Fame is Mayones (big polish manufacturer)-> that simple ;)
    They're only labled as "Fame" as they're built for a big german music-store (which makes them more expensive than in Poland....) and surely worth the money.
    If you got any friends in Poland try getting your hands on the Mayones-basses: really impressive basses, and quite cheap!
    (Model "Pi" is listed for about 1990 zloties, which is about 560 Euro...Basses like this wil go from about 1500 if you buy them via the official german distributor.....)
    and, btw, i am a newbie,too...

3. RRuud

RRuud

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    I got mine in the music store in kölhn. I played some mayones there, but there way over my priceclass. I live in the netherlands so no zloties for me;). But thanks for the info.:)