Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Famed wrestler Eddie "Latino Heat" Guerrero found dead...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    :(

WWE News

I liked Eddie... His characters were hilarious.

Probably has something to do with all the drugs he used to do... or started doing again.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I'm guessing OD.

He's too young and appears to be too healthy to die of a heart attack.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    What a shame...Eddie was one of the best ever. I rank him in the top ten wrestlers of all time. It's sad that he allowed himself to get taken over by painkillers and steroids.

I'm going to lie, cheat and steal today in his honor.

BTW, it's nice that Vince didn't make Chavo Guerrero call himself Kerwin White at the press conference.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I met the guy once when I was at Bush Gardens and he was nice enough to take time away from his vacation with his family to sign some autographs.

Thats a real shame.

6. A real shame.

While not as big a fan of wrestling as I used to be, I remember watching WCW when I was much, much younger and watching Eddie when he had the mullet.

It's a real loss. My sympathy to his family, wife, and children.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I use to watch wrestling quite a bit, he was great at being "the bad guy." But you could see in his eyes that he was getting a kick out of it and really a nice guy.

Damn shame.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Pffft. Roddy Piper could kick his butt from here to Delaware. Especially now.

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    not cool....

thats a real shame.

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    With all due respect to the deceased:

Cmon...everyone knows this stuff is fake!

11. Wasn't he in the Four Horsemen?

Sucks.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    No, Eddie was never a Horseman. The only faction he was ever with in WCW was the LWO (Latino World Order), a short-lived joke on the NWO. And in WWE, he, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko and Saturn all jumped from WCW to WWE at the same time and they were called the Radicals for a few months. Otherwise Eddie's been a free spirit.

Mark, movies are fake but you still watch them. What's the difference? Also, though outcomes are predetermined, most of those moves are not nearly as faked as you think they are. True, they aren't looking to kick someone's teeth down their throats, but how do you fake being thrown off the top of a steel cage or diving headfirst off the top of the ringpost? The wrestlers always say that it's not the flying around the ring that hurts...it's that sudden stop at the end. So as long as there's still a way for someone to get badly hurt, it's OK by me.

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I may not have worded that correctly...it was meant to be a pun on fake death....it failed!

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    my doc friend says that most guys who die of a "heart attack" at a relatively young age under 40, most likely does so due to crack/cocaine.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Ah, fake death! I get it now!

Joker, you are absolutely right about coke. But wrestlers have been dying at early ages because of the steroids they take. One look at Eddie Guerrero and it was obvious that he was on the steroids. They also take a lot of painkillers so they can wrestle while injured and they get addicted sometimes. Eddie had already been thrown out of WWE for drug abuse and let back in after he completed a stint in rehab and he's been saying he's 4 years straight. However, he's really been heavy on the roids since rehab. Makes me feel bad. Eddie was a really nice guy according to everyone who knew him and he was over so big that he didn't need the roids to be a wrestling star.

16. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I feel so bad about the passing of Eddie Guerrero. I was a big WCW fan and NWO fan. Sting was my favorite wrestler...Chris Jericho a close second. But I did enjoy Eddie, Chavo, Rey Mysterio and the other masquerados.

Once WCW blended with WWF (now WWE), I lost interest in wrestling, but I do still respect the wrestlers for the very hard lives they live. So many of them die young or tragically. Even the women, such as Miss Elizabeth. Their lives may seem glamorous, but they suffer so much pain, so many injuries, and a lot of emotional turmoil. Eddie Guerrero was the very quintesential example of that.

RIP, Eddie. You will be missed.

17. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    wow, that's a real shame

RIP - Latino Heat

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Damn, thats a shame. I liked Eddie alot :D

19. Yeah, this sucks. I used to watch wrestling all the time. I always hated Eddie's character, he was always beating the crap out of the "good guys", hahahah. He was an awesome wrestler though, and he'll be missed.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow, that is a bummer. I preferred his character when he was in WCW.

-Mike