Family Emergency

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 29, 2004.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I just got word that my step brother is in critical condition in the hospital.

I don't know how it happened but he fell 3 stories. He's in Florida so it's not like we can go visit.

They said he has no broken bones but has a lot of brain swelling. Now I'm not a doctor, but that doesn't sound good, am I right?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    yeah, that's not good. They have a lot of ways to help relieve that pressure, but it is a hard process. My prayers go out to him, and your family.
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    ditto. and for the doctors helping him.
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Coincidentally, my friend's father just fell 3 stories onto his head and was in a coma for a few weeks. He had massive brain swelling and it really did not look good for him. Then one day, he just woke up and they say he should be back to normal soon. Modern care and medicine is just amazing, and I'm sure your brother is well taken care of. Here's to a very quick and full recovery!
  5. wow. hope youre ok, clay man, we're all ere for ya, aim me or pm me man if ya wanna vent, talk or anything!

hopes for the best.
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey Bobby, we're here for ya! You and your brother are in my thoughts. I hope all turns out for the best.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, wow, man. i hope everything is ok.
  8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Medical care is absolutely incredible today. Here's to hoping for the best!
  9. If it swells too much they will just take a peice of his skull off and re-attach it once the swelling goes down.
  10. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I hope everythings works out ok.

Stay positive.

Remember, were all here for ya.
  11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Where's the wonderful Dr. Mike Mulchay? We need your expertise to talk us through this.

I'm sending you brother my positive vibes Clay.
  12. any updates? how ya doing man?

13. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    My thoughts/prayers are with your family. Hope it all works out for the best. Keep us updated. If you ever need to talk-i'm here.
  14. levijames

May 29, 2004
    My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.As was said before-modern medicine is pretty good now.My cousin was in a car accident-coma,brain swelling,etc.He is almost totally back to normal now and it has only been a few months.
  15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    he's going to be fine... the extent of his injuries were a concussion, broken cheek bone, and broken jaw..

so in time, he'll be fine...

apparently he was drunk and went up on the roof to pee off it... hope he learned a lesson
  16. levijames

May 29, 2004
    Great to hear he is ok!