Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Family Guy question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Malodorous, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Malodorous

Malodorous

May 19, 2005
    Illinois
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know the name of the piece Peter plays in "Wasted Talent" when his piano talents are first discovered?

Thanks a lot.

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Thats a fine piece of Family Guy triva.

For which I do not have an answer...sorry. Someone on here pught to know...maybe check out familyguyfiles.com.

3. Malodorous

Malodorous

May 19, 2005
    Illinois
    Never heard of familyguyfiles.com, I will check it out right now.

(bump)

4. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I seem to remember him playing the theme from "Dallas" at some point, and i think the theme from "the X files" in the recital? Not positive, but maybe...

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Huh...now, see, I might be crazy, but I just typed the phrase "What is the song Peter Griffen plays on the piano?" into Google, and the first link that came up had the answer to all three songs he played (Dallas, X-files, and Mary Tyler Moore themes).

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    But none of those are the original song he started playing. (to my knowledge)

He started plinking around(with bloody mary in hand) and then started some classical melody....

Gah, I can hear the melody, but I have no idea as to the name of the piece or the composer....

The first family guy volume is all I've really had to watch lately...I need more dvds...or cable

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    If anyone has the dvd's, maybe they mention it in the commentary (if there is some for that episode).

8. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I'll try to remember to check tonight

9. Malodorous

Malodorous

May 19, 2005
    Illinois
    I looked at every reference in familyguyfiles.com for "Wasted Talent" and unless that's the theme from Dallas...which it isn't...unless it is...then my only guess would be that it was just something doodled into the episode.

It reminds me of Glenn Gould's interpretation of Mozart's 9th Sonata, whatever it is...well not really...

What?

10. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    it doesn't say what it is in the episode....and no commentary :bawl: