1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Family Photo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karter2000, Oct 15, 2006.

1. karter2000

karter2000

Aug 21, 2005
    Nowhere land
    Hi all,

I've never done a family photo of my basses before, so I figured it was about time. Attached is my 1998 Fender Geddy Lee, with series/parallel mod, and my brand new Peavey Millenium BXP 5. I'm not the greatest photographer, so hopefully the picture turns out.

Enjoy!

Lyle

2. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    OH the PEavey millenium bxp. I might buy that actually, pretty soon too. How does it play, got any sound clips? Could you get more pics for the peavey?!?!?
    Is it heavy? How about a review?:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

3. karter2000

karter2000

Aug 21, 2005
    Nowhere land
    I haven't had a chance to do any soundclips, as I'm a new father and I hardly get a chance to play any of my basses anymore. However, I just bought a M-audio Jamlab USB interface, so if I have time I can try to record something. Same goes for the pictures (I'm pretty bad at pictures!).

I got it online from Axe Music in Edmonton, AB for about 300 shipped. The factory setup was great, so it played really well right out of the box. It's pretty light, lighter than my Geddy and the neck isn't that large for a 5 string. The B is a little floppy, but not as floppy as some other 5 strings in that price range (or even more expensive). I still have the stock strings on, so my belief is that a good set of strings will improve the B somewhat. As far as sound it kinda has a Jazz type of sound, probably due to the pickups. The sound is a little darker, or has a little more low end than my Geddy. It has a flame top, which you can't see that well with the black finish. If you got it in another color, you can see the flame top better. All in all, the Millenium is a very well made bass for the money, and sounds good as well.

Hope that helps!

Lyle

4. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Conrats on the new bass. I played a Millenium BXP 4 string after a piano lesson one day and was really surprised at how nice the neck felt and how good it sounded for the price. I liked it better than the Grind BXP 6-string I owned.

Congrats on fatherhood, too! As a relatively new mother (11-month-old son), I definitely find it harder to get to my instruments, but my husband is very supportive of my doing so. I wouldn't change it for the world.

5. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    THanks lyle, i might get the sunburst one soo the flame top will porbably be visible. yeah for the sound clips and pics whenever you are free theres no rush.
    Thx in advance.

6. I want to see those basses make love and reproduce! I want to see a house full of little babies! Haha, I like the Peavey.

7. karter2000

karter2000

Aug 21, 2005
    Nowhere land
    I've attached a close up of the body of the Peavey. I also attached a short mp3 (excuse my sloppy playing, I was just playing whatever popped in my head). The first bit is both pickups on, the second is the bridge, and the last is the neck.

Lyle

8. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    thanks a bunch lyle. bass sounds nice, and looks great.. I LIKE THAT FINISH