1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Family Pics! (large pictures enclosed)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ElBajista, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Alright, I've finally gotten around to taking some decent pictures of my basses/etc.

The SX and the Lakland (99% sure that the Lakland is going out of the door for a MM Bongo4)
    SXGlaub1.

Another shot:
    SXGlaub2.

reversed view:

SXGlaub3.

Me looking like a dumb oaf playing the Lakland, with my great-great-great Grandmother watching in the backround
    DavidandGlaub1.

Playing the Ashbory I owned for a very brief time, in a stupid pose:
    DavidandAshbory.

My B100R and the JamMan (I know, wrong forum!)
    B100RJamMan.

Apologies for the large pictures. There really isn't a point to this post, I just felt like showing off the basses.

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    no comments?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I encourage the move towards the bongo :)

4. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    is the sx 5 strings?

5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Nice basses,
    but
    great looking rug!

:)

6. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Thanks! I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm supposed to hear a go/no go tonight.

I've played Bongos before, and I absolutely loved them. If this deal falls through, I'll probably try to trade it for a Bongo 5. The only problem is I can't decide if I'd rather have the HH or HS combo.

I play a lot of traditional Church music, so I think the HS might be better for the deep, mellow sound that I use for that situation. Would I be missing out on much by bypassing the neck H for a SC pickup?

7. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Nope, it's a 4 string. Great bass, too. The SX hype sure isn't hype, at least in this case. :D

8. You look pretty chilled out playing that Lakie. You should consider retroifying your carpet to something along the lines of TomBowlus. That will get you way more responses.

9. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Chilled out? I was recording some loops with my JamMan when my mom took the picture. I always look stupid in pictures anyway. :D

That carpet is pretty retro-fied already. It was the carpet that was laid underneath the altar at my church for years, until my parish pastor decided to pitch it for a newer one. My mom rescued the rug, and there it is. It should be pretty holy, and I figured it would be a good backround for the bass pictures.