Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Family Portrait - 09/02/2005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Well, I've just been informed that my collection is now complete, so I thought it was time to take a family portrait. Here goes:

[​IMG]

From Left to Right

* Peavey Palaedium - From about 1992. I had Moses build a custom graphite neck to the exact dimensions of the original... it's still sweet. Sounds great.

* Valenti #008 - Incredible bass and worth every penny. See Nino! This one is LPB with a birdeye maple neck/fingerboard, Nordstrand NJ's with an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. Great sounds.

* F-Bass BN6 - this one is 'home'. I just love the neck, the tone, the feel, and the low-B is killer.

* Marchlewski SC5 Fretless - I just got this in today... It exceeds all expectations! :hyper: Nordy duals with OBP-3 (what a combo) Incredible Walnut top. I love this thing already. Thanks Basso Gruvitas!!

* Warmoth project bass that Nino helped refurbish... i originally had EMGs without a preamp and a wenge/ebony neck and on it which just didn't feel right. I replaced the pickups with Norstrand NJ's and added an OBP-1... it is incredible now. I guess I'm more partial to maple boards for some reason.

Anyway, that's it for now. Maybe next year I'll have another opening.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I see a ghostly image on the right!!!! I think you need to inform the "Informer" the collection is not quite as complete as she thinks. :)

3. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Dude... Shhhhhh!!!

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Those are so sweet! I really love that F Bass and Valenti.

5. Hey AJ!

You have a very nice collection.......:cool:
    Congrats! :crying:
    :bassist:

Vince

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That is very cool! If I had the money, I would definitely spring for a 5-string built by Nino, just like your blue one on the left. I've looked at the Warmoth site, and they don't seem to offer the Deluxe 5 bodies front routed, or pickguards similar to yours for the 5. Again, nice collection. :cool:

7. Beautiful... nice mix of traditional and exotic... seems like every sound anyone would ever need. Cool :bassist:

8. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Hey Vince... Thanks! How's that F doin?

9. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thanks. Nino can do just about anything with Warmoth bodies... the routing and the pickguard. He had to custom fabricate my pickguard and route the front... both came out perfect.

10. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Very nice collection! I especially like that Marchlewski, that is an amazing looking instrument.

11. nice collection :cool: that f-Bass ist unbelievable sexy :eek:

12. I envy you, you have pretty much my dream basses, those 3 on the right are stunningly beautiful. Congrats.

13. That is a great pic. Now that I've seen it, I think that those basses would be my perfect combo. Keep in mind that there's always surprise GAS that could cause an addition or two. :)

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice , looking foward to meeting some of them at the GTG. :)

15. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    I was planning on bringing the middle three I believe.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Great ! , do you miss the Sadowsky ?

17. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    You know... in a way I miss looking at it. I played my F-Bass and Valenti more than I played the Sadowsky, therefore the decision was made. I've come to the conclusion that I'm more of a maple fretboard guy. If i were rich, I probably would have kept it stored somewhere for 20 years or so. I may get another Sadowsky in the future (like the 'ghost' you see in the pic).

18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Awesome photo, awesome collection!

19. Hey AJ, I've been thinking about ordering a Valenti. Do you think I could try yours out one day?

20. Hey AJ, The F is doing great, I play it more and more and I'm crazy about it..
    Wat about yours?
    A second is perhaps on the way..........;)

Vince