1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Family Treasure(s)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SKA-KID, Jul 27, 2007.

1. SKA-KID

SKA-KID

Mar 30, 2007
    Ontario
    Today I was talking to my parents cause we were cleaning out the basement and I found a case! It had an old accordion (sp?) in it, in what looked like perfect condition. My dad said he got it appraised 20 something years ago and it was over 2,000$...Now i think it would be wayyyy more...apparently it was passed down from my Grandpa to my uncle to my dad and now its here..I thought thats pretty cool. Then my mom brought up that her mom's mom (my great grandma) played violin and it should be in my grandparents house..Im interested in this kind of stuff, when I go see my grandma next im looking for this violin!

So I want to know about you guys, any musical treasures youve discovered?

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My father used to play sax and clarinet in a swing band back in the forties. I used to screw around with the sax when I was a kid. I think it got garage saled when he sold that house. I wish I still had it. My brothers kid got the clarinet. He had it reconditioned for her.