1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fan on GK MB200 not working

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by domster66, Jun 16, 2014.

1. domster66

domster66

Jul 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Hello everyone, I just recently bought a GK MB200 bass head from Guitar center and I've noticed that the fan on the side does not work. I don't have a manual or anything because the floor model was the last one they had and didn't come with anything else. Would this be a problem with the wiring inside? or should I not even worry about it? Thanks for any insight
    -dom

2. mdjuszyn

mdjuszyn

Nov 17, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    It isn't meant to run all the time. Only if it gets hot enough. The manual says "When the amp is under a light load the fan is off or running at a low speed...as the amp works harder the fan speed increases to keep everything cool" I have rarely if ever seen the fan running on my unit. Then again I haven't really pushed it for an extended period of time.

3. domster66

domster66

Jul 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks! That was the answer I was hoping to hear!

4. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I got the fan to turn on once, and that was with the gain at noon for an hour straight of playing. Barely even warm.