Fanned Frett Jazz Fix Today?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grygrx, May 7, 2005.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
  2. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Fanned frets's like boozin n playin bass...without the booze :eyebrow:
  3. cool looking Jack read bass.
    Great colors, IIRC, Sheldon dingwall did the fanning,
    It was on Ebay a few months back
  4. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Interesting! I'll bet it sounds good! Not to focus on the right index finger started bleeding when I noticed the little sharp edge below the last fret, for that price it would also be cool if the bridge pup was actually designed to be at an angle, even if it doesn't bother the sound I would still like to see the poles line up, or use a covered pup maybe? I guess I am just picking the fly's crap out of the pepper again, picky, picky, picky!!!
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yeah that has been up for sale a few times on
  6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I'm not too crazy about that one... at least looks-wise. The color isn't doing anything for me either.
  7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    DIE! :p I'm not big on blue but the purple is swank, and with the cool inlays and all. I think it's hott, theres only the price and string count keeping me from hitting it.... it and so many other basses :rolleyes: :(
  8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Not what I'm looking for either, but that picture is deceptive if the description is true:

color changing finish; the body shifts from blue to red while the pickguard shifts from red to gold.

That pickguard looks purple on my computer, so who knows what the 'real' finish looks like
  9. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
  10. the guys whos selling this bass has photo on his website, you can see the color changing ability of the paint. Its like the "mystichrome" paint jobs on cars. I think the bass looks cool, the dice inlays are a nice touch, and from what people say Jack Reed make a heck of a bass. As you know Dingwall guitar has the "SuperJ" jazz bass and itsbeen all the Jazz i need
  11. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004