1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fantastic deal on an old peavey!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by konodl18, Mar 15, 2009.

1. konodl18

konodl18

Jun 6, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Just thought I would let everyone what a great day I'm having. Snagged an old Peavey 210tx combo from a guy on craigslist for......

$60 !!!!!!! :hyper:

Totally functional, looks like original speakers but I haven't taken it apart to check. Just 2 knobs broke off that need to be fixed. I played it last night and it sounds great, I even threw a single 15" Hartke cab on top and and powered that with it and its sounds like powerful little rig!!

I know this amp weighs a ton and probably not anyone's first choice for a combo but 300 watts, simple compression, EQ, pre - post gain, high and low gain inputs, high and low shelving in addition to the EQ, for $60!!!

I really love a good bargain!

Derek

I just realized I posted this to basses, not amps. Can I move it myself or does a mod have to?
    Sorry

2. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Hey, you know what we have to say now...

No pics, no amp! :D

Congrats on the great deal!

3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    A 2X10 bass?

4. konodl18

konodl18

Jun 6, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Sorry, I'm relatively new to posting, can I move this thread over to *AMPS* myself?

Derek

5. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
  6. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
  7. Nice :)

Is that one of the T-max amp in the 210 cab?

Nice deal there :)

I sold my 210TX cab (note; cab) for £100 last year, so yeah, nice catch mate!

8. Good deals on Peaveys are like fish to water.
    Like my T-25 Special.
    Came with case for 75 bucks.
    Good steal you got, bet that was worth every cent.

9. konodl18

konodl18

Jun 6, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the kind words everybody! For those who are familiar with this old boat anchor of an amp here is a pic. Not sure of year, anyone know how to find year of production from the serial # or something?

Derek

Attached Files:

10. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    That picture doesn't qualify, it has to be a picture you took of YOUR amp not one from google images! :rollno: No picture YOU took of YOUR amp, no amp! :D

11. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I have a Peavey TX210. It does weigh a friggin ton. Someone before me put casters on it which is good. I paid a bit more for mine then what you did OP but Im ok with that. It was at a local music shop for $899 and had been there for like 10 months. I walked out with it for $299 and I was happy. Save for one knob cover missing mine is mint. Course the Peavey 115 Black Widow cab I scored the next day for $135, and its even mintier, I don't think was bad. Nice pair those two make together for sure. ^_^

What Im having a hard time tracking down is a manual for it. Anyone have an idea?

12. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Nice score! It will probably never, ever die on you. Yeah, they are butt heavy-hope you are young...or don't need to tote it with you :D

Kim

13. konodl18

konodl18

Jun 6, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Sorry everybody, took a short hiatus from the music scene and talkbass. But I'm back! Once you start you are hooked for life :bassist:

Anyways, here are pics of the 210tx I got for 60 bones a few months back. It is sitting ontop of a KMD 15+2x8 cab I also got for cheap on a trade. If this doesn't qaulify for the cheapest, ugliest, quasi-rig of doom I don't know what does.

Total Investment <$200

Derek

Attached Files:

14. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    How it looks means nothing, how you make it sound is everything. And color me green with envy! I'd pick one of them up in a New York minute for under 100 bucks....