Fantastic Guitar Center Experience

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by register2, Feb 11, 2009.

1. register2

register2

Nov 15, 2003
    I agree with the folks saying that it depends on which one you're in - people are different! In any case I attached the picture and it was a great deal.

Attached Files:

2. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Nice. Enjoy the bass!

3. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    well, so much for that promise, I still haven't heard from them. I was supposed to get pics and a call back by the time the store closed last night. I got NOTHING :[

4. Dertygen

Dertygen

Dec 21, 2008
    A-Town, Colorado
    I know there's someone from the District Manager or what not that reviews these posts.

Here goes:

This is all in Colorado.

The Park Meadows store needs to maintain the bass section there. Seriously. Missing/stolen strings, scratched basses, non-working cabs/heads.

The Fort Collins store were... stupid. My wife called asking for a TRABEN. The dude on the phone asked "trade in?"
    She repeated herself, "No TRABEN."
    "Yes we do trade ins."
    "NO, T-R-A-B-E-N"
    "What's that?"
    "It's a bass".
    "Never heard of it".
    "Know what, never mind"
    She told me they were snotty throughout the call.

The Denver store... EXCELLENT. Knowledgable, friendly, knew what a TRABEN was. LOL, the rep called my wife the best customer because he never had to upsale her as she went with a SR505 for my B-Day instead. She discribed the Traben as "flaming red" and not as in flames... thought I'd look ridiculous with it!
    Even gave her 50% off for a hardcase. Held the guitar on layaway, looked out for it in storage too, cleaned it when she picked it up.
    Excellent!

5. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Yeah, from what I've gathered here on TB it completely depends on the store. The GC here in wichita is HORRIBLE. I have to admit I've gotten a couple of smokin' deals on used gear there, but it usually takes at least an hour to get in and out with ANY purchase, even when they're relatively "dead." On top of that most of the kids who work there could easily be replaced by McDonalds employees and the knowledge base would be roughly the same. They're consistently rude and except for the rare "closeout" sale their prices are consistently higher than the local mom & pops. Before TB I used to be amazed that the chain could sustain itself on uninformed purchases made by parents of 14 yr olds and mid-life crisis guys (the demographic I generally see in there), but apparently there are better stores out there.

6. El Bobo

El Bobo

Apr 24, 2003
    Seattle
    I will never shop at GC again. I have had many bad experiences there but the last one was it. Mind you this is a month after ordering a 5K zon Legacy elite from musicians friend which is the same company. I typically don't play any of the basses at GC because:

1. they are mostly not very interesting

2. extremely poorly set up with dead strings

3. I hate listening to people wank on instruments ( We all have done it).

Anyways that fateful day I foolishly walked in to the bass room ( I had been shopping for some keyboard stuff including an AMP) I saw they had a Markbass amp and I was curious about it. I have an EBS amp and was kinda in the market for something a lil different. I plugged in a Geddy lee jazz bass ( one of the only semi fresh stringed basses in the room) and started playing a bit. I had a friend with me and I was just playing some silly basslines but enjoying the sound of the amp. Anyways after about 2 minutes of this a GC employee opens the door to the bass room and looks at me. " Can I help you?" he said somewhat impatiently. I said " Oh, I was just trying out this amp." He then said quite annoyed, "are you in the market for a bass amp" in which I replied "perhaps, just wanted to check this out" He then said bruskly " well i am going to have to ask you to leave this room, this is the HIGH END room." I gave him an Are you kidding me look and walked away without going to buy the other stuff and keyboard amp which would have been about 1k.

I guess when you have spent upwards of 20-30k on stuff at GC you expect a little better treatment especially when playing instruments that most people would not call HIGH END. I wrote GC and never recieved any reply so thankfully I have many other options where I actually get treated well, without contempt and repected. If I had been not respectful to the merchandise I could understand the treatment but I am a careful, respectful full time musician.

You will never see another dime from me GC. Enjoy the economy:spit:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021