Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fantasy Pedals ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wish Boss would release a Twin Pedal series Line Selector.
    Say, a LS-20 with 4 buffered loops rather than 2, level adjustements and parallel/series operations as well as switchable pedal order.
    I have many more i stock but that should do for now.

Yours ? :hyper:

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    wow, that would be really cool!

i ordered the LS-2 as you always told me to, cause im buildind my pedalboard.....

hope it arrives soon.....

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    A good envelope filter.

4. Jazz Ad

But Daddy, isn't there a million pedal filters arounds already :eyebrow: ?

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, and most of them are crap.

6. I wish someone would make a studio quality reverb/delay/chorus/flanger/phaser/wah/synth/loop multieffect unit that had a line 6 pod style cable (instead of midi...you know, one cord instead of two basically) for the floorboard, with a complete variety of reverbs and delays, including a good sounding reverse delay and a max delay time of 5 seconds, a variety of synths, the looper part would have a complete time of five minutes, and it would be cost less then a grand. maybe around 500.
    i sure would like that!

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My fantasy pedal makes me sound not bad.

8. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    A delay modeler with delay models that actually sound like the delays that they are modeled after. With a ton of presets, expression pedal inputs, an effects loop, real time tweakability...
    Basically, I want a Line 6 Echo Pro in stompbox form. Only it needs to sound good. :rollno:

A pitch shifter THAT SOUNDS GOOD. Polyphonic, ability to put out any interval, muliple interval output, expression pedal control, oscillation, presets... I could go on and on.

An analog filter pedal that could handle envelope, sample and hold, and triangle filters. Selectable between high pass, low pass, band pass, and band stop. Expression pedal inputs, tap tempo, user definable presets... Sort of like an Alesis ModFX Philtre, with better tone, and a bunch of bells and whistles.

The "Bitrness" section of the Alesis Bitrman, in it's own MXR Phase 90 sized enclosure, with a true bypass footswitch.

:oops: Off the top of my head... I'm sure I've other ideas laying around in here somewhere.

9. This MIGHT actually exist, but I havn't encountered it in my experience...an overdrive pedal that sounds like an old, seasoned Marshall head going into a 4x10 w/ Greenbacks, w/ the gain on full blast, and DOESN'T FART OUT when u put a bass in it...if ANYONE knows of this pedal already existing, let me know what it is, cuz id LOVE to add it to my collection

btw has any1 been watching the original maestro bass brassmaster auction on ebay...heres the link, this thing is going for a lot of $ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41416&item=7330349349&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW now THAT is a fantasy pedal...mmm...its so old and big and ugly

10. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Ok for the LS-20 !! :smug:

My dream would be that every pedal was built in a case with an expression pedal, wich could coutrol the different functions controlled by the pots.

11. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    a lot of pedalmakers are willing to put an expression jack on their stuff if u ask them. tc juernig made me a feedback/true bypass looper that had a feedback pot and an expression jack with a switch to control feedback amount by expression or pot.

also... check this out. http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/tip.php

its called the tip 3rd hand and it allows you to control pots with it. works with just about any standard pedal i think. pressing down turns it right and up to the left... something like that!

12. Jazz Ad

Yeah the 3rd Hand is very handy.
    It's a big annoying to properly set up but it does a good job afterwards.

13. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    is there anything you dont have? :) my problem with the TIP is that I would want more than one.. theres always something more to tinker with..

they attach ok to E~H, Boss, Ibanez, DOD all that ?

14. I'd really like a BOSS VB-20, or some other kind of "new version" of the VB-2 vibrato.

The VB-20 (dual pedal) could be like the VB-2, combined with the PN2/TR2 tremolo sounds. It would (in my dreams) include tap tempo for both sounds (remote), stereo outs and a remote switch for the "rise" function of the VB-2.

Other features would include programmable presets, nice colour and reasonable price! :D

15. Jazz Ad

It won't work with Ibanez ToneLok series but other than that it rocks.
    It isn't mine by the way but I tried it.

16. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    For $110, i'll have to settle for wrapping rubber bands around knobs and poking with my feet.... :bawl:

17. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    A multi-effect pedal by AKAI featuring ALL the great effects they've inexplicably discontinued (Deep Impact, Uni-Bass, Intelliphase, etc.). :eyebrow: :crying: :scowl:

18. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    agreed.

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    A Rat II pedal made to 80's specs with a blend control. I have one that I got customized by Robert Keeley, and it's got the regular setting plus 2 settings, both of which sound great on bass without blending, but it sure would be nice if it had an actual blend.

20. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    talkin of distorstion, a MXr( because he endorse them) timmy c distortion pedal!! based of gu'vnor