Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fantasy signature models

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5fretless, Sep 1, 2005.

1. OK folks,

What would you like to be released that doesn't exist already - remember this is blue sky wish list subject matter !

Judging by the popularity of both the Geddy Lee Fender Jazz bass out there on this forum and Lakland basses I'd love to see a Skyline Geddy Lee - especially a 5-string ! - I see Sadowsky Metro have their 4/5-string versions available now - yum ! - tho' they don't call them "GL" versions off course !

Hmm - I wonder if Lakland or Sadowsky have ever approached Ged with one of their "J" basses ?

I'm a big Percy Jones fan and would faint if Wal released a "Skyline" (if you see what I mean) 5-string fretless "PJ" bass (hint, hint guys) or a tulip wood Mick Karn fretless 5-string.

A Lakland "Pino Palladino" 55-02 (with or without the neck p/u) would be kinda cool would it not ?

Finally, Lakland Bob Glaub 5-string would go down very well too......

Did you know that Percy Jones and Pino Palladino both hail from Cardiff in Wales ? - that's in the UK - must be something in the water......

What would be on your wish list?

Bill

2. The Jamerson Bass

The Peter Hook (joy division) Ibanez

Flea bass....

thats about it, oh yeah:

72 tele w/humbucker reissue,

any FENDER PICCOLO bass

Fender bass with 6-7-8 strings... :D

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Whafrodamus signature bass.

Use your imagination.

4. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    'Fro included???

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You get your own wig, adhesive sideburns, and beard. Groove and funk sold seperately ;).

6. Uh...hasn't that already been made?

The Jamerson Bass would be sweet. Complete with high action and some seriously funked up strings.

7. jean's pacman bass :bassist:

8. My sig would be a nine string violin bass.

9. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    [​IMG]
    A Tony Levin Signature NS5 that could be worn as a bass guitar would be fabulous.

Marshall

10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Any Rocco Prestia bass that actually gets made and distributed that more than 25 people get to buy :)

11. AQUANOVA

AQUANOVA

Sep 13, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dee Dee Ramone White P Bass with Tort guard

Michael Anthony bass that only allows you to play roots

Plasmatics 3 string bass that cant be tuned

12. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    MM/EB Tony Levin three-string signature

MM/EB Tony Levin SR5 signature

13. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    the Fodera "Matt Call" model...

Or a Guy Berryman signature model P-Bass.

14. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    The Glenn Dowdy Signature Fender Custom Shop Precision in four variations:

All: '54 precision body with maple neck, jazz width nut, tele headstock, SCPB pup, shielded and star grounded, tug bar on the E-string side, ultralight vintage tuners, Fender American string-through bridge.

1. Ash body, 2 tone sunburst, tortoise pickguard, SD quarterpounder, pau ferro fretboard, TI Flats

2. Ash body, vintage blonde, black pickguard, SD vintage pup, maple board, TI Flats.

3. Alder body, white blonde, gold anodized pickguard, SD hot pup, rosewood board, TI flats.

4. Alder body, black, white pearl pickguard, SD quarter pounder, fretless ebony fretboard, Fender tapewounds.

Now all I have to do is get talent and fame and I'm there.

Glenn D.

15. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    A Steve DiGiorgio Signature ESP has been on my wishlist for a long time. Not happening though. ESP refused to even make a simillar bass as a custom order when I asked :(

Pics if you don't know the bass I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. I believe cliff burton's ric was modded alot, I'd like to see ric bring out a cliff model (I know theres an aria, but I love rics).

I'd like to make my own sig model one day too.

17. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    An affordable version of the Greg Edwards "prism" Wal... I can't even find a good picture of it on the web..

18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    A Jimmy Miller signature Fender Jazz Bass that has a Kahler whammy, 2 tone sunburst nitro finish, alder body, maple/rosewood neck, old style tuners, and weighs 4 lbs. I don't think that's asking too much, do you?

:rolleyes:

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Done, but only sold in the UK. I'd like to see an all white Streamer Stage 1 5 by Warwick for Stu Zender.

20. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    how about a Geddy Lee sig Rickenbacker?