Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fantasy sports anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eots, Feb 25, 2006.

1. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I think I spend more time playing fanasty sports as of this year than most other non work activities. I started with football this past season, got into basketbal currently and also am trying golf. The golf is boring but I'm having a lot of fun w/ basketball as they play everyday. Football was also pretty fun. I got 3rd place and I drafted terribly cause I had a large learning curve to overcome. Not just in who the players were but on how a fantasy league is set up.
    One thing that's really a bummer is that most of the teams managers quit, so you're left playing against their one time decision.
    Currently I'm in 4th of a 12 team Yahoo league and I think the only guys left are in 1st and 2nd. Again, I didn't draft that well but as managers quit managing, I can scoop up the players who show up mid season.
    Any others fantasizers?

2. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    No bass playin' sports freaks?

3. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I've been a Fantasy Sports freak for about 15 years now. I'm in 2-4 football leagues every year. I do one Basketball league and 2-3 baseball leagues. I've done other sports in the past also, but I'm sticking to those 3 for now, with Football being my main passion. Though I do think about doing NASCAR again. It's been a few years since I've done that, but the season just started, so I'll probably hold off until next year again. lol...

I do quite well also. I won both football leagues I was in the past two years (actually 5 out of the last 6 years for one of them and 4 out of 5 for the other. heh heh...). I finished 2nd last season in baseball, I won 2 baseball leagues the season before that. I never do well in Basketball, but I've led wire to wire so far this year, and I have little chance of losing it at this point due to the lead I've accumulated, so I may have finally broken through there. lol... :p

Best of luck in your leagues!!!

4. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    You seem qualified to ask then, if you don't mind. What's the secret to successful fantasy baseball?
    I recently picked my team and a few guys are in trade mode right now.
    Some of my team is
    B.Bonds...D.Jeter...J.Giambi...J.Crede...T.Hunter...R.Johnson...Gagne...J.Beckett...I.Rodriguez and some others...
    Will these get me very far, do you think, or use them as trade bait?
    This is a yahoo public league btw.