1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

far away band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by buliwyfff, Dec 23, 2006.

1. buliwyfff

buliwyfff

Oct 13, 2006
    Virginia
    would it be crazy to drive an hour both ways to play with this band? band

2. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Sounds like they could really use a decent bass player and I've sure heard a lot worse singing. Bad singing just kills SO many bands but this sounds like pretty good potential to me.

Have you met these people and do you like them? What else would you be doing? Watching TV or playing video games? I'd say it's worth it to at least try it out and see if it works for you.
    I play an hour away with a great bunch of guys and it's worth it to me. I get home and in bed around 1:00 AM and have to get up at 5:00 but it's only once a week so I can hang.

If the band doesn't work for you then you can start hitting on that singer! :D

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    if you have the time, do it. getting into bands is a great way to improve your playing.

4. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    if you've got the time go for it. I drive about 30-40 mins each way for my band, we practice once a week and we get together for about 8 hours, play about 6 of those usually. To me thats worth it, but it depends on your situation. I probably wouldn't travel an hour for something like a 2 hour practice session though.

5. buliwyfff

buliwyfff

Oct 13, 2006
    Virginia
    yea the singer is pretty hot and a very good singer, I already tried out. if they get back to me I will probably do it. Im in a band but despite college I still have a good amount of freetime.

6. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    IN THE SAME BOAT!
    Except I get home at 1 or 2 and get up at 6 or 6:30.

Just don't throw your college away over a band! I did engineering school and a band but we ALL were good enough to learn tunes at our homes and play 'em at gigs(i.e. no rehearsal time...except maybe during soundchecks). Gigs were once every week or two.

The singer:
    [​IMG]

7. buliwyfff

buliwyfff

Oct 13, 2006
    Virginia
    how did you find that? that must be an old photo

8. Rumble Bee

Rumble Bee

Aug 15, 2005
    Damn, I'd drive four hours for that. This is the time I really enjoy standing back there with the drummer and checking out the view in front . :) Seriously, they sound pretty damn good.

9. I drive 2 hours each week from Northern VA to play with my band...but its worth it to me. Its all about you personally, right? I've heard of those guys too...somewhere.

10. Kippa-Dee

Kippa-Dee

Dec 15, 2006
    Melbourne
    Join it mate. Soon you'll be bitching about "is one door in the bus far enough away?"

Do you love their sound? meet the folks, do you guys jive? If so, take the gig.