Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Farewell Friends

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Dec 15, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    2 weeks ago I lost my full-tine, recording and performing band.
    Last week, I lost the gig we stil had because the replacements wouldn't get back in touch with me.
    This week I lost my woman and developed an ulcer.

If you don't see anymore JWC posts again its probably because I am going to blow my head off.

goodbye friends, for now at least

2. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    P.S.

Dave Siff- I know we never saw anything eye to eye pertaining to politics, but I'm sorry for slamming you in the mud a couple times.

The kid who thinks the Beatles suck- Well kid....I don't know what to say to you. Sorry for being nasty though to you. Do me a favor though, give The Beatles a chance, especially the later recordings.

Willie Dizon- To the other Bush supporter, peace!

3. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    P.S.

Dave Siff- I know we never saw anything eye to eye pertaining to politics, but I'm sorry for slamming you in the mud a couple times.

The kid who thinks the Beatles suck- Well kid....I don't know what to say to you. Sorry for being nasty though to you. Do me a favor though, give The Beatles a chance, especially the later recordings.

Willie Dizon- To the other Bush supporter, peace!

4. Suicide is never an option! think about the people that love you!! and the people you love!!

I don´t know if you´re serious or what but remember "Death is not the end".

5. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    J.W.C., I don't know what I could say right now that might make you feel better but I feel compelled to say something.

Please, if you were serious about your post, stop and think about what you might be doing.

It seems like you got dumped on pretty badly.I've been down just like you are right now and I honestly felt like there was nothing left that was worth living for. A little time will make it easier to live with.

I know that you don't care to hear me spouting cliches, so I wont. Except for one. For every door that closes in your life, another door will open.

Get mad as hell at the ones who have hurt you and don't give them the satisfaction of being able to control your life.

I don't know what else to say except things always seem to work themselves out if given enough time. I've been where you are now more than once in my life. I've lost bands but another band always came along. I've lost gigs but there always was other gigs right around the corner. I lost my first wife of 17 years and felt like my life was over. I'm now married to the most wonderful woman in the world and just as happy as if I had good sense.

Still got the ulcer though.:) :)

Pkr2

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

JWC, don't give up. I know that quite often life sucks, but hang in there, things will get better, I promise!

Good luck, and if you quit coming around, you will be missed, even by those who have disagreed with you.

PS - I am another Bush supporter, although before the election I was a Harry Browne supporter.

7. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Bands come and go, you can find another. As far as women go there's not a handful, there's a LANDfull. See a doctor about your ulcer, lighten up and have fun, the only direction now is up but YOU gotta make it happen. Yeah your situation sucks but you can make it better, don't give up dude, you got a lot more music to make. Best wishes for you!

8. Hey JWC don't kid like that.I want to be able to meet you one of these days.Please e-mail me soon.

9. all of the above can be replaced, except for your head
    and if you replace the above the ulcer will probally go away
    how old are you?
    its not in your profile
    relax dude

10. C'mon JWC.All these people care.I've lost alot of people in my life and I certainly don't want to lose you.I don't want to lose anyone on TB.E-mail us,any of us.Please don't stay away too long,we'd miss you.

11. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas

Thats where the best songs come from :(
    so go make some music.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    JWC -

If you're serious, please talk to someone...ANYONE. Just don't do anything irreversible, you only get one chance here, and believe me things WILL get better if you give them a chance.

13. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    JWC, I know we don't know each other but I care for you. Considering that, just think how your close ones feel about you!!! I don't know how religious you are or what your beliefs are but I urge you to find God. It's helped me so many times and I'll pray for ya tonight.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    In one year of my life (when I was 19), my fiance dumped me, my sister was murdered, I spent five months in the hospital from a motorcycle crash, and my mother died (all true). Now I own a Lakland guitar and an Eden amp. Life is beautiful.

15. Life's a roller coaster ride, I've found that you can only go so low, but the highs keep getting higher.
    I know your going through a rough time, everybody does, but look at the big picture. It's definitely not worth ending it. If you were serious about your post, please seek help. Everybody here cares about you, and looks forward to your posts - I know I do!

If you need somebody to vent on, please email me personally @ jdherm98@aol.com.

Herm

16. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    About 10 years ago a series of events similar in nature and seeming gravity came my way but fortunately several solid people were around who hung tough with me until the fog started clearing and now things are better than ever,but it did take time.I used the word "seeming" above 'cause the simple truth is,no matter how bad you are feeling now,a lot of it has to do with your mind and preconceived ideas of how things ought to be.Allow for the possibility that maybe all this is going down for a good reason,even if you can't see it right now.At my particular "Waterloo" point,someone told me:"Suicide is a permanent solution to a TEMPORARY problem." It will get better.The fact that that you posted your message shows that you want it to,and it will.

17. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    originally posted by virtual.ray
    "Suicide is a permanent solution to a TEMPORARY problem."

These are words to LIVE by.

Living life (in my semi-complicate 19 years of life) is full of the ups and downs. Going through rough times is as much of living as going through the best of times. I've come to realize some things:

1) You must always watch for the Blessing in Disguise
    2) The lows of life build charecter and prepare you for the future.
    3) There is something positive that comes out of every bad situation and you'll be stronger for it.
    4) Don't take life so seriously, but serious enough you do not kill youself.

I hoped this helped JWC, take care.

18. hey if you are going to do it don't do it like one of my friends did, he did it in his bedroom, give your parents a break do it in the bathroom, tile is a lot easier to clean than carpet and wall paper and also be a man about it and go out and buy some frigin 409 so your parents and other people that love you have something to clean with or you could do it out side on the front steps like another friend of mine did, worked out good because the rain cleaned everything up.
    also leave a note so someone besides your self takes the blame and may also kill themselves because of it
    p.s. i wouldn't have posted this if i didn't all ready see you post again after this thread
    1. how about posting to this thread so the peole that truly care about you health no about your state
    2. i regards to the post that clued me in about your health i love roger waters, i am a big pink floyd fan and i must admit i have the hardest time playing some of his lines there is something about him, his groove is his own, i love the bass on animals but have a hard time playing to it.

glad to see you post after the post that worried some of us

remember stalk before you post

19. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Yes I am alive. I mad as hell and the world has HELL to pay. After blessing the whore out on telephone I went for a few dozen beers to relax. I hope she can live with what shes done. Plus, she had kids, I don't need any rugrats that ain't mine anyhow. They're disrespectful, obnoxious heathens, like their mom. The band, screw them too. A bassist is always in demand, so ya know, its ok, thanks friends.

20. Sounds like good ol' JWC is back with a vengence. Believe me dude, something better will come out of this whole thing!

Herm