1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Farewell to Daylight Savings!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by elgecko, Nov 8, 2010.

1. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I hope you all changedyour clocks yesterday...I know that most people love the end of Daylight Savings Time because they get to sleep an extra hour. Not me! Sure, you gain an extra hour for ONE DAY, but I don't like that the sun's already been doing it's thing for an hour when I get up and how it goes down before I get off of work.

BOO for the end of Daylight Savings! :mad:

P.S. I guess the ONLY good thing about the shorter days is that when you go camping and the sun goes down, there's PLENTY of campfire time! ;)

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm in Arizona this week, and these hosers are too cool to change. So now my Outlook calendar is out of whack and I can't remember what time it is half the time.

I go back to PST tomorrow night.

-Mike

3. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    I enjoyed it in the night clubbing days, it was an extra hour drinking and smooching in the club :)

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am saving all the daylight I can for those days when there's not so much. That way I'll have more sun in my days than those that do not save their daylight.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    So now the vampires and Twilight kids are gonna be roaming the streets even earlier?

6. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    It's NOT "Daylight Savings", it's "Saving" :D

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Daylight Savings allowed me to experience time travel.

I left my friend's at 1:30 AM EST, and returned home after traveling for 45 minutes at 1:15 AM EST.

8. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    If you have young kids you hate it. It takes a long time for toddlers to adjust. I would like to set clocks 30 minutes one way or the other and leave it.

9. Actually, this isn't daylight savings. Daylight savings happens in the Spring. This is normal time. And Daylight savings is stupid.

10. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    :D What's a "S" between friends? :p

11. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Hence the FAREWELL to Daylight Savings ;)

...er, Daylight Saving Time.

12. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    HA! No daylight savings time here in AZ! SWEET...

13. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I welcome the end of daylight savings time every year. I hate waking up to go to class when it's pitch black outside. Now, it's usually dawn by 5:30, making it easier to get going in the morning.

14. No DST for us :hyper: If I had to go someplace where DST was used, I don't know what I'd do.

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I didnt mind it being dark when I woke up at 6:30, as it was lightening up around the time I left at 7am. I hate getting home from work at 5:30 and its already pitch black. To hell with that!