Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

farewell ye young talkbass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 3, 2005.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    For the past couple of weeks I've been going through withdrawal from life, completely, and focussing more on my future. Sadly playing bass has been one of those things I've withdrawn from. I hardly pick it up anymore. I don't check the forums, the classified ads, anything anymore. I'm mostly just too occupied and concerned with work, my education, and career. I guess this is sort of a way of saying goodbye...for now at least.

2. Ye are Banished from 'ere till yer lust fer bass be returnin lad!

3. Don't sell your Stingray until I have more money.

On a more serious note, I think that is totally understandable. If playing bass isn't what you want to do right now, then there's no reason to force yourself to do it. It will always be there in the future.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Adios dude.

-Mike

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Take it easy man. Get other things in order and then come back to it when the time is right.

An old friend of mine, and my last bass teacher sort of did the same thing. He spent 16 years gigging and then finally giving piano, drum and bass lessons on a regular basis. Finally he just decided to give it up. The money wasn't coming in and his priorities were out of wack, so he sold EVERYTHING (which I still don't totally agree with). But, he got things in his life in order and as far as I know, he's happier for it.

I hardly ever play as well, drums or bass (but the GAS is still there for some reason). But it's nice to know it's there when you want it.

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Have fun.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Even though you're 10% more pile drivingly you aren't stickin' around?

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I can understand giving up TB, but not the bass. I don't know of anyone who's put it down and hasn't regretted it.