1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Farfisa amp! help needed quickly..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Oct 28, 2006.

1. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
  2. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    sorry I looked wrong the time there was before the sell ended.. So the amp is now gone.. went out in about 100$.. semms fairly cheap to me..

3. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Wow. I didn't know Farfisa made amps, just cheesy keyboards. They're the company that made the keyboards The Doors used a lot. I'm in a band with a guy who used to endorse them in the early '80s.

No info on the amps, though. Is the company still around, or is this an old amp?

4. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    there is allso another amp I`m looking for.. an SWR Workingmans 2004 packing 200w.. is that enough? I dont`t want to end up buing another haed becoase this wont have enough power.. I am not in need of big power currently, but as a student who can`t afford some fine ass Mesa or Ampeg once in a year I have to look in to the future.. If you know some good cheap head units, that are worth of something let me know.. I am familiar with Behringer BX450 which gives best power/money ratio, alltho there is bad "charma" on the name.. Still I have heard much positive about that amp..

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Italy.

6. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    yeas and it was an old amp.. or still is, but not in sale anymore..

7. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you buy that amp, you're gonna cry 96 tears.

8. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    +1 ... huh ... I too had no idea they made anything other than keyboards ... I had a couple Fafisa mini organs back in the late 60's, early 70's ... they were actually very good compared to what was avail back then ...

sorry for the thread hi-jack ... :)

9. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    yup ... like Question Mark and the Mysterians ... with a bass player by the name of Mel Shacker, who later made his fame with Grand Funk Railraod (see, it does sometime pay to be an old fart, when it comes to music trivia)... now I am going to be humming that song all weekend ...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021