Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Farmer Boys - When pigs fly

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Pauleeee, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Pauleeee

Pauleeee

Sep 2, 2002
    Hi!
    I'm a newbie so it's really hard for me to tab songs. It would be great if someone could do it for me. I didn't find the tabs for "Farmer Boys - When pigs fly" anywhere.
    cya

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Come on - this must be a "wind up"? So - when would you get somebody to Tab something out for you - when pigs fly!! :D

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Umm, Bruce... what are you doing in this forum?

;)

4. would you mind buzzing off with those dull remarks, bruce ? we're getting kind of fed up with it, you see.

5. Bruce Lindfield

I saw the title and thought it was irresistably funny!! Hang on though - what are you doing here? :eek:

6. Pauleeee

Pauleeee

Sep 2, 2002
    this song is really easy, but the hard part for me is between "Her angelic face" and "when pigs fly".
    sorry for my bad english

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I was looking at "New since last login" and saw your name under the Tablature forum. I thought that was irresistably funny.

As someone who constantly complains about them, now that the requests are contained and basically easily avoided, it seemed odd that you would even come here.

BTW if the inference is that I was looking for tabs... sorry. I don't use them but I also don't complain about others using them either:)

8. Bruce Lindfield

I think you're stalking me !! ;)

Who's complaining, I just thought it was funny! :D

Is there really a song with that title, I thought somebody was "having a laugh" !!??

9. I've tabbed a unavailable song or two for Talkbassers.

Usually for newbies who seem sincere and only songs of good taste.

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Yeah, I figured you wouldn't accept the obvious answer;).

I did a search on you and this forum and that's not all you've been doing here. What's curious is why, after all of the complaints and derision and puzzlement over why people use them, why would you even step foot in this forum, now that they were safely tucked out of view? Kind of masochistic, no?

The last people I expected to see in this forum are you and the Tabevil clan. It seems like it's been made clear that you don't want to see tab requests on TB and your type of participation is not welcome here.

Kind of like bitching about prostitution is one US state, have it shutdown by law enforcement... then moving to Nevada to start bitching about it there.

Here's a thought... how about you just leave the Tab forum to it's own devices? No matter how funny it may seem, just stay away. Wanna bitch? Do it in another forum.

Simple. I'm sure Allo doesn't need the extra work.

11. Bruce Lindfield

It seems like you're the one "spoiling for a fight" and causing the extra work!

As I said - I was just genuinely amused that there was such a song title! :D

Where does it say - you must not make a joke or you must not enjoy yourself?

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md

13. Bruce Lindfield

So where does it say in the forum rules that you mustn't make jokes or have sense of humour - Super Duck who is a moderator here, actually PM'd me to say that he thought this was very funny!

And where in this thread have I said anything "anti-Tab" ? I challenge you to prove this unfounded accusation!!

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    As the King of Being Misunderstood, I'm surprised you don't see that I didn't say anything about what you said in this particular "thread". I repeatedly said "forum", Bruce.

I challenge you to answer your unfounded charge;)

15. Bruce Lindfield

OK - then, according to your post, I am welcome here as long as I don't post anything anti-tab and so by your logic, I am welcome here for humorous insights! :D

Not that I remember the time when we all gave you the role of deciding who is and isn't welcome in a particular part of the forum!!

16. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    So I'm not allowed to express my opinion on a board I am paying to support?

17. Bruce Lindfield

Not where it disagrees with the guidelines and policies posted by Paul and the Mods! Or are you criticising this policy publicly?

18. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Specifics, Bruce... specifics. :rolleyes:

19. Bruce Lindfield

So you disagree with specific things in the guidelines - pray tell what they are?

20. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    No Bruce. I'm asking for specifics on the accusations you're spouting. Duh.