1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Farnell Ultra-Lite 5-String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peterkidd, Apr 25, 2010.

1. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    This is a Farnell Ultra-Lite 5-string bass, signed by AL Farnell in 2006. I got it a few years ago, as my back was grumbling during 4 hour gigs. On my bathroom scale, it weighs in at around 7.5 pounds. Give or take.

I think I paid around 600.00 for it, used.

The stock electronics were mild, I had a Bart setup installed, w/ the push/pull 2-band mid option, plus bass/treble/volume/balance, plus what I think are phase and coil switches. I don't Exactly recall how I had him wire it, as in some modes the volume acts a tone control. It has a Lot of usable sounds, dubby-thump to hi-fi, w/ the variable mid boost allowing a great deal of fine tuning. The rewiring was around 300.00.

As soon as the wiring was done, the neck started buzzing above the octave. Some heat-treating and fretwork (and another 250.00), all set. Now, *sometimes* when I use it, I get a ground hum. As I was using this as a lightweight back-up bass for gigs, and I'm not currently gigging, I'm not putting another penny into it. Not that it's jinxed, but....

Straight neck, well balanced. I think the body is made out of some sort of miracle foam, w/ veneers. Hence the ultra-lite.

Some chipping around the neck pocket (pictured), but in pretty good shape. No case but glass-baby level packing.

495.00, includes shipping to the Continental USA.

rearheadfar.

pocketfar.

pickupdetailfar.

fullbodyfrontfar.

fullbackfar.

frontheadfar.

frontbodyfar.

2. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    Forgot to mention it's a 34" scale length.

That is all.

3. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA