1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Farting during a show

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jive1, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the only farting going on was my old amp, i took it WAY past the TOF

2. fatjbass

fatjbass

May 29, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I got recruited to play some folk tunes for this union function at a holiday inn. I let a few rip and afterwards the acoustic guitarist asks me... SH*T MAN! WHO WAS BACK THERE FARTING? I've got to say, we bassists seem to be blowing people away.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Been there, done that. I'm quite comfortable with my gaseous emissions. The other day, I was rehearsing with a drummer and a friend who was *ahem* "scatting" over a D&B jam, and just after the drummer's solo in the 1 beat pause, our "scatting" friend put the mic to his tuckus and let one loose. I nearly fell off of my amp (sitting on it) laughing, and we couldn't keep playing for a good five minutes or so.

timplog likes this.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, sure you are! Flati always smell good to the perp.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like Billy Crystal's, "Whuuhh, it smells like a POSSUM EXPLODED or something."

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Company intercoms also work well for amplification. Nothing quite like lighting up an entire walmart all at once.

7. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I am an expert in the fine art of farting, then playing stupid. I almost never claim it, I like to leave my little (or not so little) gifts anonomously. When I was in the Navy on submarines a buddy of mine farted into an empty Pringles can, capped it and ran up to the control room and unleashed hell on the occupants of the room by removing the cap and waving it around. I always admired that.

joebar likes this.
  8. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

Or, "everyone always loves the smell of their own brand" Fat Bastard

9. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    LOL I have a good one! The last time we were in the studio i crawled into the singing booth. For those of you that havent been to a studio this room is air tight. I funked that room up so bad the foam on the walls was melting. Anyways the singer was paying for a good part of the time in there so he had to do it. I wish i kept the master track because after each track or session you could here him in there whining like a baby!

10. Hey Jive
    I Presume you do the honor of letting one RIP the silent way
    You know the moto " Silent butt violent "
    or " Loud butt proud "

11. I once cleared the room at band practice with one that stank like rotten eggs mixed with dog crap. Mine are truly vile smelling.

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Crop spraying is derigeur in the musician fraternity. One of the guys I play with has a strict rule about farting on stage. He can't handle it.

I am fortunate to say that my farts don't smell, so it's not a problem.

13. MazeMouse

MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    +1

I'm able to do that in under 10 seconds. (and we have to leave for at least 10-15mins because mine tend to linger)

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It sounds like you just nominated yourself. :D

Ill have to remember to bomb my drummer on Saturday.

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man i bet ol les claypool could kill a horse or two!

16. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I don't have any good farting stories, but I do know a guy who can fart on command.

17. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Now that's talent

bass nitro likes this.
  18. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    That's great!
    There was this guy I used to work with at the Naval Shipyard...he would pass gas, get his head down there & inhale, & then blow it out, basically, in his victim's face..

The drummer is too easy a target, guys, C'mon. ;)
    IMO, the best victim is the lead vocalist as he's doing his big, mid-set ballad number.

19. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Another friend of mine was known for doing that, too.
    His band was the house band in a Va. Beach bar...always packed, bodies to bodies, the kinda place that took you about 20 minutes to squirm through the crowd to the bathrooms(We called it "Takin' a Lap").
    Anyway, me & another friend are talking on his break...& then I noticed 'that look' on a couple chicks' faces & then I get a whiff.
    (I noticed the eventual culprit had made a quick exit)
    So I ask the remaining friend, "What was that"!
    He said, ***damn, Peter"!

This guy "Peter" once tried to light one with a car's cigarette lighter while driving to a gig. Classic.

timplog likes this.
  20. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    :eek:

FYI, in case anyone didn't know.
    Though sound and light travel in waves of energy, scent travels through particles. That means when you smell a fart, tiny particles of a$$ and digestive tract make their way into your nose. I make a point to remind people of that when I accidentally cut one loose.

joebar likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.