1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fast Cars for Full-Sized UB

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by venom_5, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Volvo had a cool commercial a few years ago, featuring the wagons they were campaigning in some roadracing series. They initially showed the cars only from the front, and eventually it became apparent that these were Volvo wagons being beautifully tossed around among a bunch of sports sedans. I think it helped to dispel the notion of their being safe, bland, soccer-mom cars to some degree.

I've never owned one, but I have friends who do, and they always appear to me to be a perfect bass hauler. When you open the back lid, it seems to have almost the same space and ease of access that my pickup truck has. I think you could haul sheets of plywood in those things.

2. http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/nissan/nissan-titan/nissan-titan-03.htm

Mine is Galaxy Black! Like this one:
    http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/39001-royal-purple.html

5.6-liter double overhead cam V8
    305 horsepower
    379 lb-ft of torque
    weighs nearly 5,000 pounds
    Fuel economy isn't great - 14 mpg city/19 mpg highway - but for the size of the vehicle it isn't too bad.
    It does hurt to fill the 28-gallon fuel tank at today's prices

The Rockford Fossgate sound system subwoofers condition my double bass as it rides in my reclined passenger seat with the scroll straight back!

3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Honda Odyssey & Toyota Sienna both have over 250 hp and room for all your basses and gear.

I'm sticking with my '86 VW Vanagon Weekender; 85 hp, sleeps 4 & room for lots of instruments, albeit in the slow lane. :)

4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i cant express my love for my saab 9-3se hatchback enough. so quick...handles great...looks hot!!! and can load a lot in there with the hatchback.

if you go the audi route, check out the s4 wagons...over 300hp

5. bassplayer57

bassplayer57

Aug 15, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Fun! Tell me about it!! Mine is the 2000 9-3 viggen (One more step up).

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021