Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fast food musician

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    This is what I am. I keep coming up with rough tunes... Then try to fine tune them, and end up writing more songs. It's kind of weird. I just can't stop writing. Hmm...

2. Gabu, my band and I have the same problem... i try to come up with a intro/outro, and i come up with a NEW song idea... i would give anything to try and write one song

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    sorry to hear that gabu...I like your rough tunes and hope you fine tune them.

maybe you need to just sit down one day and really pound out some finished products. Don't be afraid to make commitments, I've noticed you never seem to have a definate stance on many of your ideas, which isn't a bad thing, but for the sake of a finished fine tuned piece oculd be detrimental to your creative process.

just keep at it, at least you are actively writing new stuff...maybe you need a partner, someone that loves fine tuning songs, that you can work off of. I don't know.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks for the thoughts.... It's kind of silly. I have this sort of love/hate relationship with bands... I can never seem to hook up with them enough to satisfy my voracious appetite for playing. So I love to play, but I am in a constant state of impatience with the members of my bands. Sigh...