Fast Slapping

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by spikesstickies, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Hey peeps, need some help with my slapping, been slapping for about 2 months now and i started to come accross passages that require quite a bit of fast slapping. I heard of the Double Thumb technique or something like that. Can anyone show me how its done and all.
  2. Hey,
    There's a thread on here which had two really cool slowed down videos of how to do it. I can't fully remember the thread (I'll keep racking my brains and get back to you though...), but I've got the videos so I could try and send them to you via MSN or something...

Anyhoo, if you've got Kazaa, try and get "Learn to play electric bass guitar" by Victor Wooten (easiest to just do a Video artist search for Victor Wooten), and that shows a load of techniques slowed down and then applied to songs. Plus you get to hear him breath in a weird, weird sounding way :s

Anyhoo, I'll try and remember the thread for you.

Trooper! Here you go - thanks to Signor WrongRobot for the supoib vids:
  3. Yeah alright, will go check it out on kazaar, thanks a bunch...
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Another question about double thumb and I didn't want to start another thread...
    I have the bad habbit of biting off my nails. So that means I don't have much of a nail on my fingers, now I was wondering:
    Is a strong thumbnaile essential for double thumb (if so, I'll have to let grow my thumb nail)
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No. My nails are cut (not bitten) so short I sometimes have difficulties picking up coins or CDs from the ground, but that doesn't hinder me at all.