Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fastfood Patrons... Here is something for you.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So, you go to McDonalds... You want better service? How about helping us help you!

If you have 6 kids in the car with you, find out what they want BEFORE you get in line and clog up my drive thru. You taking 5 minutes to order while there are 6 cars behind you just makes everything frantic. McDonalds has had basically the same menue since the 70s. Nothing is new, with the exception of the chicken sandwhiches, mcgriddles, and maybe the big `n tasty...

When you pull up to our window, and we ask what we can get for you... DO NOT tell us to hold on while you yammer on into your cell phone for the next 2 minutes... Especially don't do that and just order a coke. Thats really annoying.

McDonalds has NEVER had onion rings... So when you get up to the first window to pay, don't ask me if we have onion rings while you stuff your face with onion rings from Sonic. And really don't do this on a weekly basis. We hate you.

Nope. No cheeze sticks either.

Breakfast stops at 10:30. After that, we can only do hot cakes and cinnamon rolls. Deal with it.

Our credit card machines have been down for 2 weeks now... I realize that not being able to go into debt for a cheeseburger is very inconvenient to you... But yelling at a minimum wage high schooler isn't going to fix it. You're an idiot for not even having $1.07 on you.

Lets say your total is $8.57 or something... and you hand me a $10. When I've closed my drawer and am handing you your $1.43 is not only the wrong time, but the stupidest time to tell me you have the $.57. I can't open my drawer again... And no, throwing a fit won't change that.

Don't let your kids order. I can't understand a word they say. This is especially true of foreigners... It is hard an enough to understand you're broken english over the traffic and other noises from outside. And if you're english is bad, how good is you're kid's? Nothing against you all... its just stupid.

Hey, don't get mad at me when you order a #1 with a coke at 11:30 and instead of an egg mcmuffin and hashbrown, we give you a bigmac and fries. You're an hour late, putz. And no, its not my fault i didn't ask which one you meant... An hour after breakfast, most people have taken the hint.

No, you can't short me $.10. I get written up, I lose my hours, I lose my job.

There is a giant sign at the ordering station that says PLEASE ORDER HERE... So when we aren't at the window right away to take your order... calm down. You missed the spot, not me. The alarm alerting me of your presence didn't go off... You're fault. Not mine.

Oh, we forgot your fries when you were here last month? You didn't call? You don't have a reciept? Well, that will be $2.15 for the fries you can't prove you bought.

Gah.

I think fast food employees seem dumb because they have to stoop down the the level of the typical customer.

And, I need a new job.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I find it mildly annoying when ppl take too long to look through a McD's menu at the drive thru. Like you said, they've offered the same things since the dawn of time.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I envy in and out... 3 menue items. that place is ALWAYS busy.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you only have one person who speaks english working at your store, don't you think that the best place to put them would be taking orders on the drive thru?!?!?:mad:

5. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Pots and kettles.

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I think many of us could write a book about the idiots that work at most fast-food stores. The ones that don't speak english, the ones that can't count, the ones that are too busy talking to take my order, the ones that lick the salt off their finger and THEN handle my food.....

Shall I go on? Do you really want to do the fast food worker vs. fast food patron thing?

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    When I order a plain hamburger, do not ask if I want cheese on it. If I wanted cheese, I'd have ordered a cheeseburger.

My fries don't belong all over the bottom of the bag.

Your new coffee sucks. Bring back the old stuff.

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Did any of you guys see Super Size Me?

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    True, but let's be realistic. Only the top 10% most literate people really care about they're* grammer.

10. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i havent had In and Out in over 5 years. :crying:

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    To the super size me comment.

I think everyones seen super size me. Its compltely, for the most part, irrelevant. We al know that if you stuff your face 3 times a day with fatty foods and dont exercise, you will get fat. I could do the same experiement with any take out food.

12. Still, there has to be some law describing how whenever someone critisizes spelling/grammar on the internet, they're going to make a spelling or grammar mistake in their accusation.

13. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    The only reason I've eaten fast food at all the last five years is my four-year-old, who believes that McDonald's is a paragon of the culinary arts.

I find that threatening to order fish sandwiches for everyone in the car if they don't make up their minds in a hurry insures that we'll be ready to order long before I actually hit the drive thru window :)

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When I worked at McD's as a teen I once had a lady order fried okra.

bc

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

I swear to God, if we are asking you stupid questions, it is becuase we've been getting a lot of stupid customers, so we just have to cover our bases.

I will agree that fries on the bottom of the bag sucks. If I'm assembling orders, I'm crazy about making sure the fries are in the locked and upright position.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Getting fat is obvious, I was surprised at how unhealthy the food really is. Like the chicken nuggets when they showed how they were made. That was sick.

The sad part is, I think there are alot of people who do eat fast food multiple times per day. You can get away with it when you're young and active.

-Mike

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Uh-huh. Did you go see the Spongebob movie because your four year old wanted to also? Do you browse the aisles of WWF action figures at Toys 'R Us because your four year old wants to?

:D :D

-Mike

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

19. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    When did breakfast change to 10:30? Damn! when I was younger, breakfast was until 11:30. Goes to show how long it's been since I've tried to get breakfast at McDonalds.

20. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    No, and no. I've gotten much better at saying ,"NO!" to darn near anything thanks to that four-year-old. :) And who the #$%$ is insane enough to attempt to take small children to any kind of movie? Drives me nuts. He can watch Spongebob at home with his mother, who likes the show, thank you much. I'm not paying 40 bucks to get the family into a movie for the privelage of saying, "NO" fifty times as we pass the candy bins and video games on the way to our seat.