Fat and dirty OD perfection!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by syciprider, Aug 29, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If you can live with the touchy settings and the hard to pin down gate knob, the slightly blues rock flavored Tech 21 American Woman has IMO the sound. It can go from mild grit to trashy distortion. :bassist:

Your fundamental comes through clear whilst mixed with a very fat and very grainy "tubes and speakers breaking up" underpinning that punches through.

Disclaimer: It's not for weak combo amps. Through my Behringer it gave out an undefined snarl. Through my SWR, it sounded wonderful. I love it! :hyper:

Got it for $70 (used) @ GC.

I also picked up a Whammy. Nothing more needs to be said about that.
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I opened the case and found an internal trim pot that controls the gate (it's the only trim pot in the center of the PCB). Turned it all the way CW and managed to pretty much kill the gate effect when the knob is set to minimum. It did make the level knob REALLY sensitive.

Anyway, really loving this pedal. Thanks Tech 21! :hyper:
  3. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    It's good to see that sometimes people are happy with their gear. There are so many, "My ---- is screwed up" or "I don't like the tone I get from my ----" threads that eventually one may begin to think that everything on the market is crap. Congrats on your fine purchase and thanks for letting us know about it. Tech 21 really does make some top notch gear and their customer service is fantastic. :)