1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FATHERS DAY SPECIAL Sadowsky NYC JJ5 Exhibition Grade Birds Eye Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hounddog, May 21, 2018.

1. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Price:
    Strings:
    20180610_044725. Near mint condition. #4444 2005 NYC Sadowsky (Universal route) JJ5 with SC pickups, Exhibition grade BE maple board, Red Tort and Black Pick guards, Gloss Lacquered headstock that has yellowed beautifully from UV rays(this is an upgrade that is rare because of adding several weeks to the build.) Black Pearl finish (has just the right amount of small metal flake to make it shine under the lights) 8.5 Lbs. (Feels lighter to me). Comes with Original lightweight flight case; which has long been out of production, is very nice! This Bass has been babied and played very little. Has one very small ding between the PU and PG. Will ONLY trade for the right Alder/RW NYC Sadowsky P5 or PJ5 or $3350.00 (from now until fathers day is over. After fathers day it will go back to $3500.00) shipped insured anywhere in the lower 48.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    steveb119, Viggo51 and HeavyJazz like this.
  2. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    With the Black Pickguard.

Attached Files:

3. Have both NYC P5 and NYC PJ5 and would let one of them go for a maple NYC J5 as i already have a RW NYC J5 but I'm damm located in Paris !! May be you'll have a gig down here soon !! PJ5 can be PJ or reverse PJ(having both P.G) sonic blue matching headstock but much heavier(non chambered) than the P5(sunburst).

baxter_x likes this.
  4. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I am sure shipping would kill us but I would love to see pics of them anyway.

5. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Shipping shouldn't be so crazy. Maybe around 150$. Actually when I ordered my first Sadowsky from BassClub Chicago, I paid 150$ for the shipping.

@bassman972 Salut Steve ;)

wes stephenson likes this.
  6. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    PM me pics

7. Photo le 23-05-2018 à 03.12.

Attached Files:

8. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    bassman972 likes this.
  9. Guys, you could use shipito or planet express shipping, it's fast and quite cheap :)

Hounddog likes this.
  10. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Tons of trade offers coming in every day but still holding out for a legitimate cash offer or the right NYC Sadowsky P5 or PJ5.

11. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I appreciate all of the trade offers but please try to keep them limited to NYC Sadowsky PJ5 or P5 please. I dont blame you for trying. This bass is beautiful, like brand new, $3000.00 cheaper than a brand new one and you don't have to wait 9 months to get it.

Zemak likes this.
  12. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I got a chance to weigh this bass on a certified USPS scale today and it weighs 8 LBS and 3.5 OZ. That's impressive.

13. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    A few pics from today showing just how cool, rare and beautiful the gloss lacquer upgrade on the headstock is, the back is flawless, the BEM is just amazing and this Bass has the coolest serial number ever. 20180605_190102. 20180605_190305. 20180605_190942. 20180605_190102.

14. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    If I didn't desperately need a Sadowsky PJ5 or P5 with flats for covering some Motown tunes this bass would never leave here. If it doesn't sell very soon I am going to turn it into a PJ5 and put flats on it. I hate to do that because it barks, snarls and growls like a Jazz Bass is supposed to.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  15. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Another price drop

steveb119 likes this.
  16. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    20180606_184942.

17. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Iirc these are 35” scale?

18. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    No. Sadowsky basses are 34" scale.

baxter_x likes this.
  19. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    $3500.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 for the Bass with the coolest serial number ever.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  20. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    A lot of messaging going on but no one has hit my PayPal with the money yet. If you have priced a new NYC Sadowsky With exact specs you know that this bass is a steal at this price. Also there is no way you will find a 2005 NYC Sadowsky in better condition.

---------- NO TRADES---------

I have located a NYC Sadowsky P body Alder/RW PJ5 and placed a down payment so all trades are off the table.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018