1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Faulty Mk2 Funk Cortek pre-amp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Geoff Barber, May 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi Folks,
    I've a friends active bass guitar (make unknown) which has 2 Bartolini Mk1 pickups driving a Funk Cortek pre-amp. The story reads like this: the guitar stopped working mid gig and desperation his road manager cut all the wires from the pre-amp in an effort to make a passive bass (he should have just unplugged all the connectors (!!!).The result is that its very difficult to identify the position of all the wires without a diagram and, I'm not even sure the pre- works (all SMD's so difficult to repair) Therefore I have a number of question you may be able to help with, please.
    1 Can i obtain a wiring diagram for the Funk Cortek pre-amp?
    2 As the Bartolini's are active pick ups, can someone recommend a suitable replacement pre-amp that will work with these pick ups?
    Regards
    Geoff.

2. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Google Translate

if you go to the page and click on either of the two circuits you will get an enlarged pic which you can use to help you repair your circuit:cool: