1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Faure Sicilienne (for bass)

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by notabene, Oct 3, 2020.

1. notabene

notabene

Sep 20, 2010
    SF Bay area
    Here (I hope) is a pdf of the Faure Sicilienne, based on the Zimmerman version, but, owing to my limitations, I've renotated all the tenor clef sections so it is now all bass clef. There are, on youtube, piano accompaniements if you should wish. I hope the file has made it through the techno gauntlet. The directions of "dolce" are the hardest part on bass (for me).

Steven

Attached Files:

2. Thanks, nice piece.

3. notabene

notabene

Sep 20, 2010
    SF Bay area
    I discovered an error yesterday. Last eighth note in bar 70 should be a G rather than an F. Sorry.

Steven

4. Matthias Hacker

Matthias Hacker

Apr 8, 2018
    Thanks a lot!

bar 29 should be F# instead of E# I guess?

Gonna look for a accompaniement now.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  5. notabene

notabene

Sep 20, 2010
    SF Bay area

Yes! You are right. Tenor clef is still a bear for me, hence this bass clef rewrite. I'll correct both these errors, and also send the piano part some time today.Steven

6. notabene

notabene

Sep 20, 2010
    SF Bay area
    Here, I hope, is the revised bass part, and the piano part.

Attached Files:

Carl Hillman likes this.
  7. Thanks for doing this. Thanks for correcting the mistakes. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for including accompaniment.

This is exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks!

8. FWIW, I draw a red line on the middle C, so I can easily see where the bass and treble clefs start. Then it's like reading any other sheet music.

My music teacher tells me I shouldn't mark a chart with anything but a pencil, but I don't follow her advice. I'm dyslexic, & use any device I can to help me keep my eye where it's supposed to be. I use colors a lot to mark A vs B parts of a song, or anything else that I need to find fast.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020