fav bassist

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mcfunkinstein, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Mcfunkinstein

Mcfunkinstein

Jun 22, 2008
    just say your fav bassist and yes it can be yourself
    i like flea mostly pre by the way blood sugar sex magik was like the last slap album he did but it was sex lol

2. lol is this a mockery of the recently deleted thread which was similar and involving more swearing?

at the risk of being flamed, I shall have to vote jaco.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Wow, what a unique thread!!

Greg Rzab

4. Geddy, Geezer, 'arry, and Cliff, roughly in that order.

5. my favorite bassists are bob the bassist, snyderz and mkfunkinstein. hands down

6. Connor

Connor

Jun 21, 2007
    Jawjuh
    +4

7. bazmeister

bazmeister

Oct 5, 2007
    alex webster

8. 6 more letters and you could of had a complete title.

Mr Claypool is the shizdiggit.

9. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Cliff Burton:bassist:

Geddy Lee and Steve Harris are right behind him.;)

10. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I heart Pete Wentz. :bag:

11. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    We could all pay homage to the bass gods, Victor, Jaco, Flea, Les, Geddy, Squire, Miller...ext.

What about bassists you like who don't get enough credit, or who are at least not the usual culprits?

Tad Kinchala (Blues Traveler) listen to "All Hands"
    Timmy C (RATM)
    Justin Chancellor (TOOL)...okay, nvm, he gets a lot of credit, schism was the stairway of its day for awhile.

12. nmancusi10

nmancusi10

Mar 20, 2008
    The ultimate overlooked bassist... Eric Wilson. Wrote some of today's most widely recognized basslines

13. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I had to wiki him...Guy from Sublime...I totally dig those crazy upbeat reggae lines.

14. 3 favs of my own:

Marcus Miller...because he's Marcus, he just makes my head bob with the beat.

Stuart Zender...some of the grooviest basslines ever.

Robert DeLeo...incredible rock basslines. He added so much, but did it tastefully.

15. iamthebassplayr

iamthebassplayr Gold Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    John Deacon =D

16. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I have never really sat and thought about my fav bassists. Geddy is great though (I mean duhhh LOL) and I finally heard Jaco a couple months back (got his first CD). 6/4 jam is the one for me (to which I got the tabs for and love to play it with the CD).

I dunno, the original bassist for Disturbed was awesome I thought. Their present one, John Moyer (10,000 fists and Indestructible which I'm listening to right now actually) is pretty darn good (and thats an understatement) so yea, I'd have so say that right now its John Moyer.

17. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    +1 for John Moyer!!

If you can hear some of his bass lines they really are quite tasty.

I forgot the old bass players name too. He had a nickname. It was something different. It was like, "Mud", or something of that sort.:meh:

18. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I was just reading up on him last night online. Skizz or something like that I think was his nickname. He was so awesome and so is Moyer!!!

19. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Oh and yea I am zoning everything out but the bass lines on the Indestructible CD for Moyer's stuff. Very nice. Seems a bit more laid back then on 10,000 but still some quite yummy stuff, I agree. ^_^

He plays a 5er though and I'm a 4. If I decide to try and learn some of his licks I will have to break out my 5er.

20. OMG he can totally lay down a phat groove

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021