Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fav Eden Amp Settings....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zender976, Sep 13, 2000.

1. zender976

zender976

Aug 12, 2000
    hey fellaz....just wanted to get everybody's two cents on their favorite tone settings on their eden rigs. most of the time i find that (depending on the bass of course) leaving the eq flat still produces awesome tone for my thumb bass on my metro. but sometimes i roll the bass to about the 1 o' clock position , roll the mid to bewteen 12 and 1 and leave the highs flat, or at the 2 position if i'm lookin to get some funk tones....anyhow, let's hear what settings you guys find that work well!!!!

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    HEYHEY!! what's up dood.....I play a thumb neck thru thumb 4 with a metro...I love it...and ya know what? I play my rig with about the same settings....I boost the high mids and the treble though...I play my bass with almost no mids, the bridge pickup and the treble boosted a little with the bass to match...I love the way it sounds....i was about to get an SWR, but after I plugged into the eden, I was sold...what kind of tunes are u into?

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I play a Traveler through a D210XLT or D410XLT (the poor man's Metro ... or is it the other way around?). I play with my settings pretty much the way you do. I feel guilty about turning the bass up to 1 o'clock, but I really can't resist that kick-ass bottom it gives. So much for being a "set-it-flat" purist.

4. zender976

zender976

Aug 12, 2000
    thankz for the input fellaz! i'm a devout stuart zender fan ( the bassist from jamiroquai for those of u havent heard him yet!!!!) anywayz, i'm a big fan of dirty, greasy, finger style funk and totally dig the phatter tone of 70's slap (which is why i don't cut my mids when i slap) with a touch of modern slap clarity so it doesn't sound TOO thick. so how are u diggin' that thumb neck thru w/ your metro neptoon? i swear the finger style tones with that setup up is SOOO DOPE!!!!! btw, i can't resist puttin the bass up to 1'o clock cuz how else are u gonna get people on the dance floor and make'em shake their asses?!?!?!!

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    zender....yeah!! I love the fingerstyle sound my rig gives me...I just suck at it....I've never had a bass lesson, so I'm hutin' in that region...oh well....mebbe someday I'll learn...