1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Favorite 1 12 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassist30, May 5, 2006.

1. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I am thinking of a 1 12 combo for medium to light gigs. I have not heard to many. I was also thinking a possible 1 15 combo. But I as of recently like 12's. The one's I hear about alot are the IP's by Bergantino and Epifani. What are some of your favorites and why? I am also thinking light.

2. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland
  3. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    I have an SWR Workingman 12 that sounds great and rugged. They just updated them to a tiltback cabinet, the older non-tiltback versions can be found real cheap right now. Same with the 15" version a new tiltback is out so old version is being blown out.

4. The new Fender combos are good from what I hear. The 12" one has 150 watts and doesnt weigh that much I think. The 10" with 100 watts is very light, about 25 pounds. I actually almost grabbed one to have as a small practice amp.

5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I heard the GK 112NEO 700RBII was smokin.

6. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I like my Mesa Walkabout Scout combo. 300 watts, 1-12", small size, 50 lbs. It has a wonderful sound and much more clean volume than anything else I've seen in that size and power. They are a bit expensive though compared to GK and other mass produced lines.

I've used mine for over 2 years and wouldn't change. I've played some bigger rooms than I would have thought possible for such a compact amp and it always surprised me. Another plus is the head can be quicly removed to drive other cabinets if desired. I've done this a few times and it has the ability to sound good with every good cab I've tried (Eden 4X10 and 1X15, SWR 4X10 and a few others)

It's been very reliable.

7. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Real happy with my SWR Workingman's 12, the one that still had the little shelf in front of the knobs.

Great sound for home practice, small gigs, pit orchestra, URB...once had it up against two Marshall 1/2 stacks at a reggae rehearsal and still was able to hear it :)

8. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I like my Roland DB-500 12" 160 watts 3 amp models Solid state tube amp and tube drive also a switch that is supposed to make the 12 sound like a 15 it works to a point also has chorus and compression and 2 memory switches